Loewe F/W 14.15 by Steven Meisel

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
An excerpt from an article of J.W Anderson on NY Times
But his goal has been to perfect the wheel, not reinvent it. To that end, when creating his first Loewe ad campaign, he approached Steven Meisel to shoot it, but he made an unusual request: to also use images, unchanged, from a 1997 spread in Vogue Italia that had been particularly meaningful to him.
So... Meisel photographed the bag?

nytimes.com

Maggie Rizer from 1997? how creative is that

Little disjointed but I also love that image of Maggie, but I'm more interested in the clothing J.W. Anderson is going to produce rather than looking at the bag.

One of my favorite shots of Maggie, ever. Pure beauty. Gotta agree with navyvelvetbowtie, I wonder also what other photos they chose.

^I'm curious too about that. I through was an brand new campaign.

Well sure, this doesn't seem pointless at all...

My heart skipped a beat when I read the thread title... I can't help but feel disappointed.
So are there going to be new shots? And did we actually see a collection for Loewe?

That Vogue Italia ed is all kinds of amazing, but I would have appreciated something new. And that shot of the bag was definitely not shot by Meisel.

How do you go from Penelope Cruz by Mert & Marcus.. to this?

^J.W. asked M/M to 'update' the logo.

The bag was photographed by Damien Ropero.

Who shot the VI images? Meisel? anyone recognizes that editorial?

^ Yes it's by Meisel from this issue

gjeM7Ss.jpg

fWVFnNz.jpg

instagram/benjaminbruno_

I sort of like it and it's by far the most interesting thing involving JW Anderson.

At the same time I want to ask how is this even possible? To use this in a Loewe ad campaign... The photos are originally made for Vogue Italia, feature clothes by other labels and models who most probably don't get paid for this. Also, is the nostalgia and craving for 90's fashion so high that it's not worth to make anything new? To me this feels like a peak of this whole tumblr-era thinking in fashion...

Oh no no no. For sure it will generate buzz cause it's so wrong. I don't care you have a special connection to this editorial, you are now designing for an esteemed fashion house, get out of your head a little

So... if the bags were shot by someone else then Meisel' s attachment comes from a '97 editorial? Maybe the didnt have a budget other than get rights of a nearly 20 years old set of pics? LOL
Surely they could have commisioned Meisel to do something new with the same vibe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->