Loewe F/W 2020.21 Paris

A bit too repetitive with some of the silhouettes but it’s still a good collection. Great use of colour and textures as expected.

I’m sure his Loewe customer will love this.

What a wonderful collection. Very rich in color and texture indeed, and the volumes were incredible as always. The opera coats here were masterfully executed, unlike the choppier versions for Jonathan's own brand, and this look - possibly heavily inspired by a past-century couture dress as usual, but who cares really - is divine. The elegant back detail just gave me chills during the show.

That white knitted dress in the end, oh my god. This dress alone slayed all the competition this fashion month.

It never fails to impress me how well he does does traditional elegance. It's never boring, never too precious, and always exciting.

Like in the menswear, best coats of the season. So luxurious.

Never since Phoebe Philo have I seen a designer been so consistently great.

I think we have found the dress of the season. The white one in the final.

So instead of showing 1 dress in different colors, he's now showing 1 dress in different colors AND different prints...Fashion-magic, right there. :magic:

Very sophisticated with his usual experimental edge. The dress on Sora Choi is my personal pick.

He presented 3 collections this season: JWA, Moncler and Loewe. So, when it’s this good, I don’t mind a bit of repetition.

What I can say is that he is ready for Couture. Balenciaga, Chanel, Poiret...I see a lot of references but it’s done with a subtle touch. The feather hats reminds me of Karl’s biker collection for Chanel. The dresses in the beginning are like the reversed version of some things Nicolas did for his Balenciaga FW06 collection.

MGC should watch out because this is a desirable Bar suit for today! The coats are stunning!

For me The dress is definitely the black one after the green suit! It’s perfect, timeless and beyond chic!

During the show I was thinking about Amanda Harlech sitting there and watching that while having to go and work with Virginie after that. What a downgrade!

Bravo Jonathan!

peplums & gathers abound. even the tiered sleeves are a kind of peplum.

i think my favourite pieces are the ones that emphasize the front bodice. for example, the black/colour-blocked dresses that came out first, with a modified external corset feeling, and the gathered printed dresses that have an organic, spotted shape as the the focal point on the centre front of the bodice.

there is both a throwback feeling to these looks (victorian? 20s?) and they seem new at the same time. good design. basically, the shapes make this collection so extremely interesting & untraditionally feminine.

He presented 3 collections this season: JWA, Moncler and Loewe. So, when it’s this good, I don’t mind a bit of repetition.

What I can say is that he is ready for Couture. Balenciaga, Chanel, Poiret...I see a lot of references but it’s done with a subtle touch. The feather hats reminds me of Karl’s biker collection for Chanel. The dresses in the beginning are like the reversed version of some things Nicolas did for his Balenciaga FW06 collection.

MGC should watch out because this is a desirable Bar suit for today! The coats are stunning!

For me The dress is definitely the black one after the green suit! It’s perfect, timeless and beyond chic!

During the show I was thinking about Amanda Harlech sitting there and watching that while having to go and work with Virginie after that. What a downgrade!

Bravo Jonathan!
Does Amanda Harlech style Chanel?

It’s got some good looks for sure. I really liked the twin gowns in brown and black on Mona and Jamilly...they had a very Charles James feeling.

I liked the cleaned up look overall, free from lots of doo-dads and dangling bits. Bags looked really good this season, too.

I can’t help but feel, though, that he is in transition creatively here...it’s like he is searching for what Loewe should be about next. Which isn’t a judgement call or a bad thing, more of an observation. Whatever it is, I don’t think he’s landed yet.

Does Amanda Harlech style Chanel?
Tbh, after all those years, I’ve never really understood what she did at Chanel. I mean she styles, she helps with inspiration and stuff like that but she is not a MAS or Carine type of stylist. She also works for Fendi but Stockdale is the stylist..

She is that kind of elusive force. She helped Karl make the transition in the late 90’s-early 00’s Gilles Dufour years.
I don’t really know what she is bringing to Virginie.

Ewww this is ugly as fucc. I will never get why people like him so much. Lots of awkward looks, ugly fabrics and endless reinterpretations of Madame Gres. That green dress with trypophobia inspired embroidery will give me nightmares.

Ewww this is ugly as fucc. I will never get why people like him so much. Lots of awkward looks, ugly fabrics and endless reinterpretations of Madame Gres. That green dress with trypophobia inspired embroidery will give me nightmares.

I am always looking forward to his shows because even when some of the looks are :blink: or even ugly, they are never boring. There is always an element of surprise, some quirky details and whether the clothes are beautiful or "ugly as fucc", they are well made and they evoke emotions. And I think that nowadays when we have a bunch of boring designers and "designers" that's very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->