Loewe F/W 18.19 Paris

StockholmFW

Reaction score

nowfashion

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really into Céline+LV in a brand which is not Céline nor Louis Vuitton

I used to love Loewe at first impact, but each season I'm liking it less and less, although there seem to be some interesting details I'm not feeling the whole

Amazing cast tho

Looking at this and Jonathan's few first collections is like looking at two different designers. He used to push things forward and experiment while creating clothes that were wearable. This is just there. It just doesn't have that kind of magic that Loewe had anymore. I guess the commercial part of the business is slowly killing the vibe.

I like this collection.
A lot of good pieces.

just a suggestion: watch the video on Fatale Fashion.

it's gonna make a REALLY BIG DIFFERENCE.

This to me is easily one of his strongest winter collections yet! He’s finally found that perfect balance of wearability but still being fun and quirky! The outerwear is some of the best of the season for me! And the dresses are so innovative!

I’m happy he continues to push himself further in his designs, absolutely an incredibly wonderful collection!

Bravo Mr. Anderson!!!

I find this exquisite! It's miles better than his spring 2018 collection. There are a lot of long and lean looks I'm loving, as well some sharp tailoring. It's not as good as some of his past offerings (his 2016/7 collections are still his pinnacle at the label), but it's better than what some designers are cooking up these days.

I found it highly unoriginal, and lacking in innovation. This twisty dresses are hideous, it’s an element that should be used sparingly. That technique normally serves a purpose rather than just decoration. The deflated bras that were tacked onto some pieces made me chuckle. The proportions were off and I thought the fabrics looked old. The soundtrack was amazing but it immediately became pretentious when paired with such lackluster clothes. I can see the appeal of these clothes, I really can, but it’s not something thats worth the praise that it usually receives. Phoebe Philo did this look better and for quite a few years before JW. It’s not new. If I could sum up this collection in one word it would be Dusty.

I am tired of seeing this kind of "rustic avant-garde" at Loewe.

And I´m tired of seeing again bra pieces worn as outerwear. Since Prada re-launched the 80s Gaultier idea (as panels for coats, but in a refined way) years ago, everyone and your mother are copying it! It has become a cheap gimmick. And here it gives the impression they dressed the models in a hurry and in the dark...

Genius. These dresses (1, 2, 3) are already in my list of favorites of the season. Im just not felling the bags yet, I like when he goes wild in the bags, this one is the only one that is doing something for me ATM.

Yea, JWA used to push it more in terms of fashion, but his ideia of how fashion should be changed a lot in the past few years and if you watch his interviews you will see that he that he is taking the comercial side of the business very serious without, of course, letting go the creative side. He really found a perfect balance.

just a suggestion: watch the video on Fatale Fashion.

it's gonna make a REALLY BIG DIFFERENCE.

You're absolutely right, that did make a big difference. They clearly chose the right person for the house - his work with leather is top-notch. This dress isn't quite well-captured on the still pictures, but left me speechless in motion. I also loved his pleating, and his take on the plaid shirt was quite fun. I detest the candy-colored twist pillar-ish things though, the closing dress is hideous.

These are really great clothes! I always like his balance in shows. Hes showing design and styling. The current moment is obsessed with styling and reassessing archetypical fashion and I feel JWA is giving us new things to look at while still maintaining some level of wearability. For me this is really good fashion.

Seriously, this is a very beautiful collection. The clothes are made in the most exquisite way while totally being (for the most part).
I would totally love to have 99% of it in my closet. He is doing more and more tailoring and it shows a great level of maturity.

The dresses with the bras integrated outside are very fun as when you tied up the bra, it actually gives a new take on the dress itself. Much much better executed here than at Celine where Phoebe tried this with knitwear.

My only complain is that i miss the very Grown-up Bourgeoise allure of his earlier collections. This is a bit too Juvenile sometimes.
If the cast (which is great by the way) was more mature like it used be and if they were all wearing the heels as opposed to the boots and all, it would have been perfect!

I still LOEWE by JWA! I wish i was rich to buy the whole thing. I'm not even bother by the twisted dresses...When it's good, it eclipses the bad!

He remains to be one of highlights of Paris.

i much prefer his stuff for his own label. the first 2 collections were awesome and now...i am so bored. this is definitely the least exciting one yet. everything just feels so drab ...

Amazing collection. One of his best at Loewe. I love everything from the beginning to the end. Jonathan is really good even when he has some misses , he still remains better than a lot of designers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->