Loewe F/W 18.19 Paris

Although, Anderson can sometimes be way too conceptual and it can come off as pretentious. I just love what he does at Loewe, everything looks so rich and luxurious. The coats were the standouts for me, just beautiful.

It's great once again. So strange that Loewe/JWA has come to be a highlight in Paris (well of the entire Fashion Week)...the coats are amazing, and the duffle coat/scarf-shirt combo is particularly winning. I will say that there were more things than usual that I didn't like, but it's another hit for me here. Oh, and the cast is great!

One of his strongest collections to date. This is just too good.

Loewe really is the best brand out there right now. I love it so much, great collection once again.

And the set :heart:

Been looking and relooking for 24 hours now....

Only gets better :clap:

Another hit from Paris!

I love that for every Maria Grazia, there's a J.W. Anderson and Natacha Ramsay-Levi, otherwise known as designers who understand the notion of wearability without reducing the garments to the territories of high-street, department store, or thrift shop. What they lack in imagination, they make up for with desirability.

I love a lot of the daywears here. I'd wear the tweed suit with leather poacher pockets, the v-necked shirt and white lace skirt combo, the zig-zag, psychedelic patterned coat, any day!

The flesh-barring dresses with colorful yarns offer a nice attempt at experimentation and would look very interesting for outdoor editorials with free-spirited theme.

If I were to point out a weaknes, I'd say that several looks do resemble a lot of Phoebe Philo's tenure at Celine (particularly circa F/W 2014 - S/S 2016). But I wouldn't be mad if he does continue to take the road Phoebe once paved when the outcome is this good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of the season, hands down. His tenure at Loewe is such a sight for sore eyes. Every look is so layered with creativity, individuality, pristine craft and on top of it all, reality and functionality.

I do see the link to Céline, but that's a very good thing. They're sharing the nothing of true desirable and luxurious daywear. Of the power of one incredible piece jazzing up your entire wardrobe. Of clothes with a pounding womanly identity.

Oh and the video, with that set and soundtrack, makes it even better.

His best work at the house to date. Every single thing come together wonderfully. Now I hope LVMH doesn't ruin this brand because of their money-hungry suits.

this is so playful - it has the ability to surprise.
and that's a good thing. :magic:

Seriously, it gets better and better with time. Really one of the stand-out show of the entire season.

I can't get over this collection, just glorious. I really sensed a big growth from last season that seemed to be quite unversatile and meant just for the runway, this is so confident and luxurious while retaining that playful sense of proportion and detailing that made his work stand-out in the first place. The white lace dress and the checkered coat at the end were my favorite pieces. The drape and movement of those skirts was simply mesmerizing to watch on video. The stying was very much to my liking and the footwear, minus the boots, seemed to complement each look.

Favorite collection this fall along with Rick Owens.

I can't get over this collection, just glorious. I really sensed a big growth from last season that seemed to be quite unversatile and meant just for the runway, this is so confident and luxurious while retaining that playful sense of proportion and detailing that made his work stand-out in the first place. The white lace dress and the checkered coat at the end were my favorite pieces. The drape and movement of those skirts was simply mesmerizing to watch on video. The stying was very much to my liking and the footwear, minus the boots, seemed to complement each look.

Favorite collection this fall along with Rick Owens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->