Loewe F/W 2024.25 Paris

it’s good to be JW. He completely turns Loewe around and now it’s competing in big league.

He has offered some pretty iconic collections with his own brand, but to deny his talent at reviving Loewe is just futile. While I mostly do not like what he offers in his entirety, what is good, is pretty freaking good. He's talented, alright.

Very fun: those half belts and bags are quirky. Love the long tuxedo jacket with full length *veggie* print skirt too. The prints in general are great, although they feel more like spring than fall.

I couldn’t care less about his recent men’s collection because that was definitely one of the worst that season imo. This is actually beautiful but it feels kinda the same from his previous offerings. Like TOO similar and a little stagnant direction-wise

He is talented and it's a decent collection but I just don't get the appeal.

I love 💕 it. ALL of it....and there isn't a single piece I would refuse to wear. I'm salivating over those baggy denim jodhpur-ish pants. ❤️

personally, it doesn't appeal to me, but i can acknowledge this as a sold yet flat collection for what it is. the opening dresses are eye-catching, but weird to end the show with menswear-ish looks and a man closing the show.

surprisingly i appreciate that first plaid dress - how he enlarged and used the pattern is clever to me. the second plaid dress is not as successful. those floral prints are awful to the eye, like a grandma's old table cloth from the year of the flood. also didn't care for the pants. within the context of the collection it (arguably) works... i guess.

For me JWA became the Walt Disney of Fashion.
Is sounds like a backhanded compliment...
If anything this collection makes me want to explore Albert Yorke' works and buy many more cow paintings...

Love all the shearlings / furs, the belt buckle details, and the leather jackets. Hate the Cath Kidston floral prints.

The Daleks walk amongst us (looks 47, 48 & 51). Does anyone else get the Dr Who reference as I’ve yet to read a fashion review from our esteemed journalists that does? These made me giggle the most. And a lot did.

Not a brand I usually care about, but I keep going back to this collection and continue finding more and more things I like about it. Those floral dresses are all so lovely (not something I thought I'd ever say in my life 😅). I like the styling, too.

One of the strongest collections of the season for sure, for me he never misses!

I'm tired of this kind of zany fashion, and the last styling, which was quite interesting, was ruined by terrible pants with too long legs.

I like the first three dresses, the Dalek texture looks and Julia Nobis’ look. But I think the reason why I do is because they’re incredibly Ghesquiere coded, which this collection has a lot of.

It’s the first JW Loewe collection I've liked in a long while but there’s still something amiss about it. As @Lola701 said, his best being FW2016, and really up to 2018 for me (maybe 2019) Loewe still felt like Loewe. It still felt like something Spanish, artisanal with a strong vision for the women’s wear (men’s not so much - but Loewe men’s never has clicked for me at all).

Still can’t get over how cut and paste he is with his design process now too. Before it wasn’t so bad, he was either still figuring things out or he used it as a way of exploring variety with the process. Now it’s just annoying to see because of how exact the replication is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->