London shopping bargains

nabiha

Reaction score
In short, I've arrived in London for a term abroad and my luggage has been lost by the airline -- I've got nothing to wear but the clothes in my carry-on (not worth mentioning) and must must MUST go shopping before uni begins.

Sadly, the dollar-to-pound conversion and my student status makes a wild, uninhibited shopping spree a bit out of the question. Keeping that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions on where to obtain reasonably priced but fashionable clothes? I need basics as well as trendy-ish pieces, as I really have lost it all.

I know the airline is supposed to reimburse me, but I'm sure they won't give me all I need/demand/justifiably should be reimbursed for. Le sigh! ANY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated!! :flower:

From what I've read in the other threads Topshop is probably a good place to start.

^Nah..Topshop is quite pricey these days but worth trying. Nabiha...I'm not sure how much money you do have...but if you need to replace everything, I would recommend Uniqlo for basic t's and sweaters, H&M for more fashionable stuff that's super cheap, Primark for super super cheap stuff...you have to dig around for something decent, but the effort is worth it. TK Maxx is great for last season's Diesel, French Connection, Levi's, Lee and really cheap underwear. Again, a lot of digging around but persevere! And if you're into vintage, Beyond Retro in the East End is brilliant for unearthing bargains.

:smile: So my dear mama, taking pity on her contemplating-nudity daughter, contributed significantly (read: gave me almost a blank check) to restock my wardrobe -- THANK GOODNESS!! I still, of course, want to maximize the clothes I can get, so bargains are still greatly appreciated -- but thankfully, not as urgent!

I still think it would be great to continue a thread with great bargains in London :smile:

Yah, I'm looking forward to tips on this thread too :smile:
Glad to hear you'll have clothes on your back though! your mom sounds sweet

Petticoat Lane Market on Sunday mornings. Really cheap stuff and you can find there Top Shop and French Connection clothing with the labels ripped off (but you can still see them!).

Dumb question -- how do I get to Petticoat Lane Market? X) I'm directionally challenged.

susie_bubble said:
^Nah..Topshop is quite pricey these days but worth trying. Nabiha...I'm not sure how much money you do have...but if you need to replace everything, I would recommend Uniqlo for basic t's and sweaters, H&M for more fashionable stuff that's super cheap, Primark for super super cheap stuff...you have to dig around for something decent, but the effort is worth it. TK Maxx is great for last season's Diesel, French Connection, Levi's, Lee and really cheap underwear. Again, a lot of digging around but persevere! And if you're into vintage, Beyond Retro in the East End is brilliant for unearthing bargains.

Beyond Retro's amazing:heart:

Get off at Liverpool Street Station. Then make sure you get out of the station through the Bishopsgate side. Once you're on Bishopsgate, you should see loadsa ppl heading towards Petticoat Lane. You can't miss it. There are signs as well.

absolutely any charity shop for accesories. H&M on Bond st and oxford circus are super cheap. Our high-street, in general, is (mostly) reasonable and has good catwalk rip offs.(I've been to America loads and I don't think you're high street is as good) I wouldn't normally suggest it, but go to Oxford street.

What uni are you at?

Kalista said:
Beyond Retro's amazing:heart:

r u serious? its like a fancy dress warehouse IMO
i never find anything there i like except basketball jersey's

Acid said:

I have to really rummage to find something good...but it's the cheapest vintage store I've found in London so far. It's a poor students paradise!
:P

Goodness. I think I'm not going to eat the entire time I'm here and instead spend my money on something more worthwhile: CLOTHES!!! :smile: Beautiful lovely pretty gorgeous clothes -- this city is so inspiring, and you are all too sweet.

ImpossiblePrincess: I'm actually going to Oxford as a Visiting Student (otherwise I go to Johns Hopkins in the States) for a term, and am going down for 00 week tomorrow. 00 week is like some orientation for Americans or something, since I think they have to teach us how to properly talk here -- I had a very embarrassing incident on Saturday at a club, where I mistook the word "snog" for "snack"...uh, wow. Wowww.

I'll be up here again this weekend or next, if anyone wants to shop w/ a stranger!! :wink:

Acid said:

Well, like susie_bubble said, if you have a good look around you can find some gems:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->