Looking for part time relating to fashion in London.

g_synp

Reaction score
Hey Fashion ppl out there, i am a art student in London, i always wanted to look for a job that is related to fashion, be it working in an office of a fashion company or working in a retailer as a sale assistant, as long as it has something to do with fashion, i am willing to do.
But the thing is i have never really work before, thus my CV look kinda of not so interesting..
So ppl do you have anything to recomment? I would really appreciate your ideas and suggestion.
Waiting to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!
:flower:

Frankly, get a job, any job. Jobs in retail are very easy to get. I nearly got a job with an award-winning North-East fashion retailer (I only missed it because someone got my place a few hours before), and I have basically no qualifications, no nothing, apart from a few employer references.

I see..
That means i should start hunting now..

Thankx. :D

I actually completely disagree with PoC on this one....I think it really depends on the market and the people you talk to, especially in London. On my CV I have 1.5 years of luxury retail experience and a lot of big companies want at least 2....also gave out tons of my CV to high street stores and didn't really get anything there either...and to go through something like Topshop requires work because there are so many applicants that you have to go through several interviews before you really get anywhere. Just my experience with it

Its true also..
So thats why i find it really hard!!
How?

g_synp said:
Hey Fashion ppl out there, i am a art student in London, i always wanted to look for a job that is related to fashion, be it working in an office of a fashion company or working in a retailer as a sale assistant, as long as it has something to do with fashion, i am willing to do.
But the thing is i have never really work before, thus my CV look kinda of not so interesting..
So ppl do you have anything to recomment? I would really appreciate your ideas and suggestion.
Waiting to hear from you soon.

Cheers!!
:flower:

work experience is a great way to get connections and feel for the industry as well as so much more. okay, there will be a fair share of menial jobs to do, but you have to start somewhere. I am currently at a PR company who looks after loads of great labels including puma, julien macdonald, camilla staerk, robert cary-williams and is also the london agency for cavalli, collette dinnigan and baby dior. I am really loving it. You really ahve to be pro-active though. Make some calls and ask some people, it wont drop on your lap.

Hi there, have you thought of some part time work for a fashion recruitment consultancy - hell, London is not short of them! Thats what I did when I was putting myself through fashion college. I had a part time position doing basic data entry and writing up peoples fashion CV's. It gives you a really good idea of what you're up against whehn you leave college. Whats more, you learn some top killer tips on how to present your CV and how to get placements. If you get in with them, maybe they'll help you sort a placement out for you (should you need it for college) Plus, the resources and contacts are just indespensible.
The only downer is that the work can be dull and boring, but you have to take the rough with the smooth at that stage! :wink:
I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->