Fashion Schools in Mexico

I know that one thing is the school and another, a very different one, is the designer, but I know of maybe three or four good designers that graduated from Jannette Klein and I guess that's not a good sign, is it?

ah well mexico is mexico .. it is not new york or london or paris or milan or japan ...

you cant expect one designer to have everything to make beautiful clothes.

it is quite disappointing when you say "hideous", it really shows on how much respect you have on those who have achieved something so far yet you haven't.

just sayin" .....

Im actually in a school that would be Jk's closest competition up north in Mexico, and actually is quite older than JK yet nobody "famous" graduated from there. Thing is although both schools are pretty good, Mexico is still so behind fashion capitals that becoming the next Valentino isnt written on the near future here.

I agree these "famous people" indeed have some hideous designs but im not that sure it has to do with the school, the designers point of view or the mexican market itself. I believe its a combination of all. There are some pretty well dressed mexicans, let me tell you but most of this people, actually 99% of my friends all buy clothes outside the country, where the big names are. People here dont actually believe in mexican design, so the few people who dont buy anything from outside brands (from Gucci to Zara) maybe wont have that nice taste in fashion, hence the hideous designs, i believe.

Maybe a few years from now aaron95 and i could give mexican fashion a sure needed makeover. Maybe...

not Maybe, Im sure we will!! i want to put the name of my country in a high point, im so tired of all the akward comments and reviews about us, just because the "famous" ones arent good enough, and in fact we have reall good desginers, maybe not from JK school but we are improving so just wait and you'll see

ah well mexico is mexico .. it is not new york or london or paris or milan or japan ...

you cant expect one designer to have everything to make beautiful clothes.

it is quite disappointing when you say "hideous", it really shows on how much respect you have on those who have achieved something so far yet you haven't.

just sayin" .....

And you are?...

Yes, I have absolutely no respect for those people... how can you respect someone that puts your country in such an awful position?... And I find your "well Mexico is Mexico" comment very offensive but I don't care about stupid opinions anyway...

Im actually in a school that would be Jk's closest competition up north in Mexico, and actually is quite older than JK yet nobody "famous" graduated from there. Thing is although both schools are pretty good, Mexico is still so behind fashion capitals that becoming the next Valentino isnt written on the near future here.

I agree these "famous people" indeed have some hideous designs but im not that sure it has to do with the school, the designers point of view or the mexican market itself. I believe its a combination of all. There are some pretty well dressed mexicans, let me tell you but most of this people, actually 99% of my friends all buy clothes outside the country, where the big names are. People here dont actually believe in mexican design, so the few people who dont buy anything from outside brands (from Gucci to Zara) maybe wont have that nice taste in fashion, hence the hideous designs, i believe.

Maybe a few years from now aaron95 and i could give mexican fashion a sure needed makeover. Maybe...

And what about me??? haha.

I get your point. I prefer to buy things outside because it's there where you find the good things, you don't get to find many good things here, and I prefer to save a bit and buy something else outside the country than buying something in Zara, etc.

How awkward to be talking in english to a mexican xDDD haha.

hahaha REALLY akward!! (perdon por no mencionarte pero como no eres tan activo en el foro no sabiamos de ti jaja)

so well i think insted of underrating our country, lets put it in a higgher position, i mean its where we live, where we were born! so please people please avoid doing bad commetns about mexico, i respct your opinions and i know we are not Powerful but we have lots of other things the other country's dont have and i mean good things dont come with the pollution stuff and so haha its not funny.... anyway as for me ,Im proud of my school and my ideas are not same or even close to those you Sgaspar posted haha so just a few years and we three(yes you too sgaspar lol) will make something to change Fashion in mexico.... all said

Note: ... please be careful about respecting each other's opinons ... and please don't get into anything that could be interpreted as politics or country bashing (even if it's your own country). I don't want to have to remove your posts. :flower:

And I do think that it must be odd that you must talk to each other in English about Mexican fashion. But the rest of us certainly appreciate it ... those of us who don't speak Spanish. (It's an "English only" forum, anyway ... and this is why we have this rule.)

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh I know the rule haha we jsut statd its weird but we werent arguing about it haha, at least me, im cool about talking in english and i totally get the point LOL

hahaha REALLY akward!! (perdon por no mencionarte pero como no eres tan activo en el foro no sabiamos de ti jaja)

so well i think insted of underrating our country, lets put it in a higgher position, i mean its where we live, where we were born! so please people please avoid doing bad commetns about mexico, i respct your opinions and i know we are not Powerful but we have lots of other things the other country's dont have and i mean good things dont come with the pollution stuff and so haha its not funny.... anyway as for me ,Im proud of my school and my ideas are not same or even close to those you Sgaspar posted haha so just a few years and we three(yes you too sgaspar lol) will make something to change Fashion in mexico.... all said

As long as you don't end up doing "Quince Años" dresses xD it's all fine. I don't like edgardo luengas, I HATE Héctor Terrones and Armando Mafud, and I think that Sarah Bustani is the worst thing that could happen to our country xD, but there are also new designers that are starting to make fashion in Mexico something better, like Marvin&Quetzal, Teamo Fashion, Julia y Renata, Paola Hernández and many more. I just hope that they keep evolving in time and bringing something new to Mexico and don't get stuck in what they're doing right now.

Well, this is fashion schoolS in mexico so maybe we have to point out other schools (sorry aaron95). Im not going to talk about my school since im pretty disappointed and actually want to change schools, yeah, like that.

Theres one school in Guadalajara UNICO, actually that was my second choice when i was thinking about studying fashion. The fashion movement in Gdl is getting pretty interesting, thanks to this school. One of the people who graduated from here, Clara Gonzalez is actually good. She won a national contest held by mexican elle and Carolina Herrera herself.

She is no McQueen but her style appeals to me very much. Very clean cut, elegant, pretty and feminine. Not everything has to be over the top, everything else in this country is over the top already.

56019342_preview.jpg56019329_preview.jpg
56019345_preview.jpg2007181425301179516330.jpg
coutorture

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you don't end up doing "Quince Años" dresses xD it's all fine. I don't like edgardo luengas, I HATE Héctor Terrones and Armando Mafud, and I think that Sarah Bustani is the worst thing that could happen to our country xD, but there are also new designers that are starting to make fashion in Mexico something better, like Marvin&Quetzal, Teamo Fashion, Julia y Renata, Paola Hernández and many more. I just hope that they keep evolving in time and bringing something new to Mexico and don't get stuck in what they're doing right now.

haha i aslko DONt like that style!! but we done have as you said good designers haha guillermo leon is nice, Helguera is really good, Desiree navarro is not a designer but she is pretty important so we do have talented people (thos are graduates from JK just as a funny fact haha) so everyne has their own style but sadly the worst are the ones that were given the spotlight but that will change im sure!!

And Daniellat those are pretty cool!! i lvoe the minidress!! lets make mexicn fashion improveeeee!!

haha i aslko DONt like that style!! but we done have as you said good designers haha guillermo leon is nice, Helguera is really good, Desiree navarro is not a designer but she is pretty important so we do have talented people (thos are graduates from JK just as a funny fact haha) so everyne has their own style but sadly the worst are the ones that were given the spotlight but that will change im sure!!

And Daniellat those are pretty cool!! i lvoe the minidress!! lets make mexicn fashion improveeeee!!

I know there are good designers at JK, the sad thing is that the ones that make it big are the ones that suck xD.

You can't forget Francisco Saldaña from Malafacha!!!!!. I don't know a lot about most graduates from JK but Francisco is greaaat!!! Both of them are great, Francisco and Victor, though I'm not sure whether Victor is from JK or not. I ADORE Malafacha haha

victor is not designer he is "comunicador visual" haha and yes francisco is really good!! i adore malafacha too!! haha and indeed its sad the famous are the bad ones haha anyway people is aware of that i think...

There's another school in Monterrey, it's called CEDIM http://www.cedim.com.mx/ i really don't know much about the school but the webpage seems nice and i'm almost sure it has a more contemporary aproach to fashion than those schools mentioned before. So good luck and please keep us informed on what your final decision is.

i think cedim is a REALLY good school!!! Of the best in the country I would say

well, what can i say. im truly disappointed at cedim, after being there for three years i just changed schools and going next semester to UdeM's fashion program, theyre much bigger and have so much more to offer than cedim, much more projects and stuff. im really excited about this, i would not recommend cedim, not at all. It was one of the best schools indeed but they are having big problems right now, with students, with teachers, its just awful.

ooh i had great thoughts about it!! why dont you try casa d francian pr why not JK? centro is also good and theres one called Gestalt in veracruz

reason number one is because i like living here in mty =) i love the city and my bf also lives here so...haha im going to paris or maybe london after i fnish anyways and im already on the 6th sem out of 9, its not too far away though. I have high hopes about udem but well see. ill keep you guys posted on how is the school and the projects and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->