Lotioncrafter ?

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
I was recently made aware of www.lotioncrafter.com/ an e-supplier of all kinds of ingredients used to make your own skin/hair care products.

Soap, hair serums, chemical peels etc..

Their international shipping quotes makes it less interesting for me to purchase from them..but I thought it might be very interesting for those of you living in the states..

It's super cheap.. but obviously there is a need to read up on a lot of stuff before making your own brews..

Do any of you buy ingredients /make your own skincare ?

I also like Garden of Wisdom, gardenofwisdom.com and there is also snowdriftfarm.com for supplies. If you go onto Garden of Wisdom there are recipes. The soaps look sort of difficult to make but scrubs and stuff look fairly easy.

I'm too lazy to really make anything, although I found a recipe for a dupe of Lush's Angels on Bare Skin. I mostly just buy shea butter, cocoa butter and oils. I ordered some things from GoW and hopefully it will be good. I'd like to make more of my own stuff in the future because I think the retail prices are far too high. Plus I hate all the packaging, it's so wasteful and polluting.

Last edited by a moderator:
These sites look good, but I'm interested in the quality. The prices are so cheap :unsure:

honestly when you think about the amount of money that goes into advertising products (by far the largest expense 99.99% of the time when launching a new beauty product I'd imagine) .. the fact that the ingredienses are so cheap does not really surprise me..

I got my order from Garden of Wisdom, and so far am very pleased with what I ordered.

The jojoba and camellia oil are very nice. I used the camellia oil as face moisturizer and my skin is so soft! A lot of the other items are not fragranced so they smell kind of herbal or green which at first takes a little getting used to. But when you put it on there is no smell. The cuticle cream I ordered was very nice, and non greasy. Lush's Lemony flutter is much more waxy and sticky, but it might be better if you are very rough with your hands.

nangnangnj, there's nothing to fear the quality is excellent. It is the same quality as the ingredients you buy in a retail store.

Hanne, I agree. What made me change my mind was seeing how high priced Josie Maran's Argan Oil was ($48 for 2 oz) vs. at GoW ($16.40 for 2 oz). There really is no reason for me to pay so much more, but I admit sometimes the pull of a brand name is hard to resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->