Louis Vuitton Damier Azur collection

Reaction score

source (pic and article:( Fashion Week Daily

Introducing the Damier Azur.

(NEW YORK) While the classic Louis Vuitton Damier checkerboard print is about achieving the ultimate in urban lifestyles, its new cousin, the Damier Azur, evokes the glamorous and relaxed beachside resort lifestyle of the French Riviera.

The Damier Azur, featuring the same honey-colored lining as the classic Damier, will launch during the cruise period as a permanent collection. Designed to be a fresher, more luminous take on its classic cousin, Damier Azur will debut worldwide in Louis Vuitton stores in November with a complete collection of leather goods.

Damier Azur will be offered in three iconic products: the Speedy, Keepall, and Noé. New handbags include the Saleya, a zippered tote, and the Pampelonne, a rope-handled beach tote. Several hard-framed pieces will be available as well, including the Boîte Flacons vanity case and the Coffrets à Merveilles trinket box. The Damier Azur will also be available for those seeking made-to-order hard suitcases or hat boxes. Five small leather good pieces, as well as sandals, flip flops, sunglasses, and whimsical accessories like hair cubes, will all be produced as well.

Exact prices could not be learned, but are estimated to be just slightly higher than the current Damier line, which ranges from $590 to $1,740 for handbags and $150 to $560 for small leather goods. A separate ad campaign - separate from a series of visuals shot by Patrick Demarchelier on display at a recent resort showing - has been created for this launch.

----------------------

it looks amazing, from what i can see, lol the pic is so small, and i ADORE my damier speedy 25, you can bet i'm looking forward to the speedy from this collection!!

are the canvas colors white and black or darkblue? kinda hard to figure out from that pic (or it's my screen...). and I guess the leather parts are vachetta?!

it looks like it's grey and white

tnzatmosphere250615066nw.jpg

source: patrickmcmullan.com
there's more on the site, kinda hard to find...and this one is the only one with decent detail. lol....

i'm not sure about the leather for the pieces that aren't hard, but i'm hoping it's white treated leather, instead of the vachetta...at least for the saleya, speedy, noe, etc....but even so, i will break my rule of buying only lv without vachetta leather for this!!

Rather chic and understated, I am surprised that I like it (lately anything LV is so tacky!). Well done, LV!

I like it! I want a speedy in this colour too (now that everyone has a Damier Speedy :( )

kare2711 said:
I like it! I want a speedy in this colour too (now that everyone has a Damier Speedy :( )
ahh, you're tellin me...
i got my damier speedy a year ago, by special order (ordered in october 2004) and now everyone and their mother has one!!!! not to mention i paid about $120 MORE for mine :/
i'm DEFINATELY getting the azur speedy

is the speedy going to be 25 or 30 or both sizes ?

hope this new line speedy wont sag like the other's....

Last edited by a moderator:
oooooooooh i like it alot...a very nice understated color! great choice for a permanent collection!

:shock: Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse they go and pull this out of thier hat. I must say, someone at LV (not MJ certainly) has a clue!! They realized that not everyone wears Multicolore Fur...They realized that they were losing thier classy customers, and without them, a house is valueless.

I EFFIN LOVE IT! Now Im seriously considering some LV, because all the other bags in my price range (AKA canvas) are those heavy browns, but this I :heart:

:woot: ooo i cant wait for more pics, i hope they do men bags in this line as well, or unisex ones :o

i just found new love for my original damier LV as well, and just LV in general! :D

I'm loving the new look of the Damier. It would be nice to see more photos though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

yeah, i want more, better and bigger pics, but we're definately gonna have to wait, it seems...
i've heard even the boutiques don't have pics in their fall books....i'll see on thursday when i go to inquire, i guess :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->