Louis Vuitton F/W 10.11 Paris

I don't get it, why MUST full-figured women wear 1950s fashion? Isn't it a bit insulting that they can't look good in today's clothes? And how many of them are hanging around Trevi Fountain cafes having cappucinos and gossip? I'm happy to see a variety of models but put off to see ONE type of fashion for fuller women, the type of fashion of my grandmothers. This sets them back for decades, to the period of "Revolutionary Road" with the kind of suffocating conservative values and conformity, no daring, no imagination, no intelligence, no energy, no adventure, as the women then stayed home and looked after the family. This doesn't advance women, this sets them back. D&G and others have sent models like Sophie Dahl down the runway, and she looked gorgeous. If designers care at all about the normal sized women, then design REAL clothes for them as they are in real life, tailored and cut to flatter them. I bet V&R or Martin Grant can do it, but not MJ - he is ultimately more of a stylist than a designer.

"I am all for the curvy women!

Now that all fashion shows have ended, maybe it's time to say that a pale, wispy woman without any softness suddenly appears less attractive, almost a bit démodée. The curvy woman makes a comeback in all her beauty. The exuberance of a shapely body is much sexier and intriguing.

In the world of fashion, where every centimeter is always "too much", and the war on kilograms is a daily standard, seeing on the runways models with a bosom and hips, like at Prada and Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton, was like a breath of fresh air. Unexpected, and against current trends, the curvy woman was a big surprise. Suddendly, we realized how beautiful it is to see "full" and not "empty" outfits on the runways.

Those skinny, non-descript models without any appeal are appreciated only on the catwalk. Yet, at the time of the " supermodels", curves were not only appreciated, but synonymous with beauty. Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova, Stephanie Seymour, Linda Evangelista were tall and long-limbed but they all had more or less abundant curves, making them beautiful or, better, stunning, on and off the catwalk. They had bodies capable of livening up the outfits, of humanizing them. They oozed personality.

Today, models' bodies are standardized, and therefore look leveled out. A model is a woman that from the runway has to make other women dream. And all women, all of them, without distinction, dream to be appreciated/liked/looked at!

Trends fade and the cycles and recycles of fashion follow one another. Just like in the 80's, and in the first years of the 90's, women looked beautiful because they had a "sweeter" shape, I hope that a new, "softer" decade will shortly begin. I understand how hard it is to modify aesthetic standards so deep-rooted, in fashion shows and in magazines, yet, without exaggerating, maybe the time has come to think of real women, and not of aliens that have nothing to do with female reality and with men's aesthetic sense.

Franca Sozzani

Published:
03/12/2010"

vogue.it

This show was very classy, nothing to die for, but the cast and environment made it work. I liked the gowns. :smile:

By SUZY MENKES

Published: March 10, 2010

PARIS — Arcs of water rose from a fountain and fell in curtains of spray at the Louis Vuitton show Wednesday, the closing day of the four-week, four-city international women’s shows for autumn 2010.

The Vuitton setting, in the courtyard of one of Paris’s monumental buildings, was a neat metaphor for the fountain of creativity that has come from the best of the designers here. It was also evident at this show — at least in the exceptional parade of inventive bags, one for each outfit.

Set against the retro, 1950s clothes with full skirts and bosoms to the fore, the designer Marc Jacobs put Vuitton in perspective. This is a leather house, hence the skirts and coats of the finest, strokeable skins, part of the luxurious quality and craftsmanship that emanated from the entire collection.

In his program notes, Mr. Jacobs wrote about the “Speedy,” the bag Vuitton invented in 1930 for the new era of fast travel. Its form was elongated, decorated and reinterpreted. Yet, while other designers in this long season have been harnessing streamlining to fashion, this collection of clothes was unashamedly retro.

As Hollywood post-World War II movie music filled the transparent tent, the models in their Judy Garland shoes, flat bow at the front and thick sparkly heels, walked around the fountain. There were leather coats, tweed suits and floral skirts. Since the show was titled “And God Created Woman,” Brigitte Bardot was surely the inspiration for pinstriped bustiers, crafted for maximum uplift. But the only pieces that really stood out as current fashion were the knitted tunic-dresses that would look just as good with a pair of slim pants as over the full skirts.

If the clothes were palatable, the bags were mouth-watering. The inventive ideas included a streak of silvered Monogram pattern; a brown bag shown with a bronzed coat; tufts of silver fox; metallic monograms; and a purple bag against a purple plaid.

Mr. Jacobs took a strong step backward in this collection, away from the merry, pile-it-on accessories on young models with supershort skirts. The mood was defiantly womanly, if too retro for forward-thinking females. The designer himself had abandoned his kilt skirt for a smart suit decorated with his recently received Légion d’honneur.

In the usual high-profile front row, Bernard Arnault, chief executive of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, sat beside the Russian model Natalia Vodianova, while Yves Carcelle, Vuitton’s chief executive, was between the Chinese movie star Fan Bingbing and the Indian entrepreneur Lara Dutta. You don’t get much more global than that.
nytimes

There is no sense of modernism in this. It's pc, real woman and whatnot but if I was a regular woman buying a post war, 50's full skirt, I'd opt for a Dries Van Noten's instead, not this "pulling from the back of a vintage store" mix cauldron of a collection

I don't get it, why MUST full-figured women wear 1950s fashion? Isn't it a bit insulting that they can't look good in today's clothes? And how many of them are hanging around Trevi Fountain cafes having cappucinos and gossip? I'm happy to see a variety of models but put off to see ONE type of fashion for fuller women, the type of fashion of my grandmothers. This sets them back for decades, to the period of "Revolutionary Road" with the kind of suffocating conservative values and conformity, no daring, no imagination, no intelligence, no energy, no adventure, as the women then stayed home and looked after the family. This doesn't advance women, this sets them back. D&G and others have sent models like Sophie Dahl down the runway, and she looked gorgeous. If designers care at all about the normal sized women, then design REAL clothes for them as they are in real life, tailored and cut to flatter them. I bet V&R or Martin Grant can do it, but not MJ - he is ultimately more of a stylist than a designer.
IA that full figured women shouldn't be forced into vintage stuff. i wouldn't even call the women in this show full figured.

idk, i like it. its very pretty and i love the long sweaters over the pretty skirts. i am a sucker for pretty though. sigh

im not sure if i love the actual clothing or if its just some of the models that make the clothes look great. i dont see why more designers dont use "curvier" (they arent really curvy, i just dont know what else to call it) women? it sells. i want all these pieces!

With an Amazing Cast of Supermodels Past and Present I hope the Campaign isnt stained with the face of a Actress or Musician.....

^ Why not the dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov shot by Annie Leibovitz for Louis Vuitton?

By the way the #1 model is also actress.
The official home page of Louis Vuitton features Laetitia Casta from this fashion show.

marieangecastalvfrontro.jpg
lclvbowtieshoeicon.jpg
lcmaclvrtwfall2010icon.jpg
louisvuittonfall2010rtw.jpg
louisvuittonfall2010rtwe.jpg

louisvuitton.com, style.com, ondine.wsr3.net

Actress and model: Laetitia Casta (#1),
Emily DiDonato (#5), Jacquelyn Jablonski (#13),
Mirte Maas (#14), Vanessa Hegelmaier (#15), Lara Stone (#17),
A
driana Lima (#26), Edita Vilkeviciute (#27), Noemie Lenoir (#31), Karolina Kurkova (#34),
Sara Blomqvist (#36), Catherine McNeil (#37),
Alessandra Ambrosio (#40), Lily Donaldson (#44),
Barbara Palvin (#46), Bar Refaeli (#47), Karmen Pedaru (#48), Jac (#49),
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (#51), Coco Rocha (#52), Jessica Stam (#53),
Elle MacPherson (#54) !

Fashion designer: Marc Jacobs.
Title and music: "And God Created Woman"
Fashion show: Louis Vuitton RTW Fall 2010. The Art of Travel by Louis Vuitton.
Place: Square courtyard of the Louvre, Paris Fashion Week.
Date: March 10, 2010

Let us focus on the expression of the face of each model:

I love the bags and the beautiful dresses. I am impressed with the casting. One of my fave F/W 10/11 collections! It more than made up for the spring collection, that's for sure.

:lol: :lol: i LOOOOOOOVE that only Elle is smiling in the final picture
the whole things does look pretty damn freakish

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->