Louis Vuitton F/W 08.09 Paris

i love the clothes and the hats. the shoes are a little bit odd up close, but they make a strong and unique statement when viewed from a distance, and within the context of the whole presentation.

So, the video is up on vuitton.com, and I have to say that watching it gives the clothes a new dimension.

It all has a very mid-80s fashionable yuppie vibe. Halfway through the lineup I found myself thinking of Catherine Deneuve as the new wave vampire in The Hunger, or like the chic, vapid background characters in a Bret Easton Ellis novel. The curved headpieces, the big sculpted metal jewelry, the black stockings, the music.

It's a bit darker than the first impression let on.

^ That's interesting.

I see (and secretly like) the 1980's YSL influence mentioned before. Also, I keep seeing David Bowie's Ashes to Ashes video playing in my head for some reason...B)

I'm not a huge fan of this, but I do like some of the looks toward the end...the less gimmicky ones...

i'm thinking Elsa Schiaparelli influences? anyone with me on that? the hats are really provocative!

I'm getting a Ninotchka flashback with these hats and clothes. There's Garbo in suits and then the last few dresses.

Marc was really smart in this collection. He chose solid fabrics and with those he played around with volume. Like.

this collection is alright. there's nothing spectacular but nothing i hate, i guess...
the shoes are interesting though. albeit not being very wearable

You can count on Louis Vuitton to kill fashion week. It was going quite nicely until Marc Jacobs decided to make a disturbed and uninspired collection ONCE again.
The shoes are vicious though, I love them.

i don't like this much, looks very boring. Maybe I just can't get over their this season ads full of color and supermodels. After that this looks so bland.

those shoes are tres hideous , they like orthopedic clogs , the clothes are ok but just a refined rehash of what we saw in NYC , those pants gotta go ewwwwww:sick::sick:

Oh wow the shoes are crazy :shock: they are like updated version of the ones Spice Girls always wore in their heyday. :lol: And i am really not feeling the bags either but overall i think the collection was good.

This collection is growing on me.

^ha because this collection is just amazing once again Marc did a great job!!:heart:
I love what he did for is own line but I like this collection even more this is just so creative.^_^
and I also love the bags.
Thanks guys for all the pics:flower:

the shoes are fug and i've yet to see a gorgeous bag. Marc, in case you haven't realized, as long as you're designing fug clothes, all you can depend on are killer purses! and appearantly, there are none for FW09!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->