Louis Vuitton Menswear F/W 2024.25 Paris

This 15 min made me realise that Pharrell is for LV a golden mine and he will stay there for at least 10 years. He is having great designing team and he is just (who?), a CVD (chief vibes director) who is tuning the mood and asking for desirable products. The show was grandiose, obscene and smart - there are bags which I'd like to have and even some coats to wear.

Gucci should take a note who to hire and what to expect with "scaling down" the creative path.

Just go RR by Ralph Lauren for authentic American vibes.
These goofy sh*t 🤣.

I know it's meant to be a merch spectacle but I wish maybe they'd try to link up Pharrell with with Nicolas so the LV man would have something to do with the LV woman. The only relation I could see right now it's just Ghesquiere fan and her low IQ son

I actually like this.
I like the intention of this. I don’t think the collection is as commercially obvious as the SS2024. There are some very good pieces and I like the intention of a statement. And I love a cowhide moment!

That being said, the cowboy archetype has been done many times and better than this. Seeing Pharrell take his bow made me think of the Caten brothers. They can do a campy, trashy but fun Cowboy theme with pieces that are actually desirable.

What I think is very prevalent in Pharrell’s work is the lack of finesse. Kudos to Henson for the styling but that’s a lot of items to pile on a silhouette. I must also add that bell bottoms needs to fall properly on the shoes to be appealing, which wasn’t the case. The cut of some jackets was questionable too.

The most successful moments for me were probable the streetwear part with straight pants as it was inspired without being so obvious and Deja vu.

I think entertainers, Athletes, luxury customers and others hypebeasts will eat this alive (like they are eating the SS2024). It’s a cultural moment. It’s so strong in terms of marketing that It can exist on it own, separated from conversations about Quiet Luxury or other stuff.

Do I want to see my husband in those pieces? Not really! Are there gems in this? Yes.
But it will definitely keep the momentum of Pharrell for Vuitton.

I had to turn it off when that gold luggage on the wheelbarrow came out

Let me check the show notes: Those were actually the corpses of Good Taste and Meritocracy being given their funereal procession.

It is hysterical that nobody involved in this beautifully produced but fundamentally low-grade production ever thought to differentiate the LV Man from the LV Man's footman who pushes his luggage. (And nobody gets to talk about classism when there are $50K vajazzled ready-to-wear jackets in the conversation.)

My jaw dropped at seeing this! What a horrible, ill fitting pile of absolute sh** clothes.
I thought Virgil couldn't design but in comparison to Pharell he was a couture god.
What a nightmare… serves them right when they hire a dilettante. Sorry but not even sorry.

It is hysterical that nobody involved in this beautifully produced but fundamentally low-grade production ever thought to differentiate the LV Man from the LV Man's footman who pushes his luggage.
The funniest thing is that the producer behind this show (and the last one with the truck and the choir) is also behind the shows for Chanel and Hermès! 😂

Surprisingly, I kinda like it too, lol. Not my cup of tea, but I like the experience.

i think this is what burberry think/wish they're doing. Could do without the pretty-ugly michele gucci stuff though. Nonetheless a lot of covetable pieces

edit: i dunno about those birkin esque bags but i kinda want them

I can appreciate the fact that a lot of the pieces are wearable and it's not just a empty intellectual exercise, but at the same it feels like there were no thoughts put into any of it

The funniest thing is that the producer behind this show (and the last one with the truck and the choir) is also behind the shows for Chanel and Hermès! 😂
Same producer but not same set designer. Villa Eugenie does the production but Chanel’s sets are designed by Stefan Lubrina.

I liked the first 6-ish minutes of the music, makes me think of Jak and Daxter does Ennio Morricone.

The turquoise buttons and details don't work against the choice of fabrics and silhouettes, they read as really cheap. There are some decent pieces, but there's still a blatant issue with cut and proportions here where things read as the wrong size entirely which should have been rectified in fittings. But that is also the teams fault, so their standards are different I suppose. Maybe a change in the casting order because many of the models looked like they weren't exactly in the right fitting look.

I prefer this to his last collection, but I'm still not convinced. Can see why and how this will work at large though and the grander scheme of things.

Tacky. Pharrell should’ve just sticked to music. These tired singers/rappers/whatever should really stop venturing into fashion when their careers get stale.

Also, I still get confused by LV’s branding in general because their menswear and womenswear always felt like two different brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->