Louis Vuitton Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

It’s almost unfair to think that Vuitton is supposed to compete with Gucci….

That was quite a great show and quite a strong collection from Pharrell.
It’s better in terms of cut and silhouettes plus, some looks were very chic.

There were some tacky denims and I was surprised to see Hedi’s Romy bag on the runway but the bags were great too.

And the cast was wonderful. I don’t know if it’s Pharrell or his CD but it’s good to finally see some handsome men on the runway.

So far the best collection of the season.

PS: his bow was slightly embarrassing…He was expecting a standing ovation. Parisians have the Olympics and an election next week, they aren’t for it (and they are probably reserving the SO for Dries).

Last edited:
Idk nothing to write home about imo. Of course there’s a plethora of beautiful pieces, most of which felt heavy for a SS collection, but this didn't do much for me. Love the colorful Damier bags. Never understood the wheelbarrowed Lozines lmao

I like it, good to see him actually making an effort to do something new ! Tho it's not the best so far for me ( DG is ). Can't wait for Dries :heart:, Yohji, Comme

Also, i feel bad for Nicolas that he doesn't get enough attention as a CD. Pharrel is narcissist as hell
Does this count as a shady motivation to NG.

Last edited:
Can someone familiar with France explain who the group was that came out at the end of his bow?

It’s almost unfair to think that Vuitton is supposed to compete with Gucci….

That was quite a great show and quite a strong collection from Pharrell.
It’s better in terms of cut and silhouettes plus, some looks were very chic.

There were some tacky denims and I was surprised to see Hedi’s Romy bag on the runway but the bags were great too.

And the cast was wonderful. I don’t know if it’s Pharrell or his CD but it’s good to finally see some handsome men on the runway.

So far the best collection of the season.

PS: his bow was slightly embarrassing…He was expecting a standing ovation. Parisians have the Olympics and an election next week, they aren’t for it (and they are probably reserving the SO for Dries).
Was surprised also to see a Romy look-a-like on the set... but I have just realised Pharrell was not hired to design, he is here to serve entertainment and a great global show.
The Arnaults wanted a showman for their LV menswear and not a designer, and even though it's not my taste I recognize Pharrell delivers, both a great show and also tons of desirable accessories. Even some desirable clothes sometimes.

What a SHOW!
The music uplifts the whole ambiance.
Pharrell explored his own culture and his experimental style since the Neptunes, distilled it into a style that not only works for the previous customers of LV, but opens up new dialogues within black culture. Truly makes a difference when you have a confident man in mind when you design, esp if than man is you.
I love how restrained he is with colors. It's the same shade of ecru/mole's breath/mouse grey: ranging from a pale shade to mid to darker, compliments literally everybody. and when that sparkly blue green damoflage jacket comes out in the midst of that, it really hit.
There's a few embroidered fur pieces sprinkled throughout the show but didn't feel grandma at all. He's not a designer's designer like Nicolas but at their best these looks feel complete and natural. Every model comes out with flair or easy swag. His man is fun, rich, now and not a drag to be around. Most importantly the unison was felt. There's a sense that people wanted to be there and be a part of it. At a time when everyone is so divided it's actually a great feeling to have.

I loved the show, its more entertaining than many of the shows we have seen this season. Some of the clothes were a little heavy for summer but still look nice. Am one of those that like the more obvious menswear not some complicated silhouettes.

I am under the impression that people say this is good mainly bcs they expected worse from him :grinningwsweat: Anyway, it's mostly either boxy denim/bombers with logos or (slightly) oversized suits, which is fairly ordinary to me. Kim Jones - who I really don't consider the most adventurous designer - played more with proportion and silhouette, not to mention the subtler use of monogram.. though I reckon they didn't hire Pharell for subtlety!

Was surprised also to see a Romy look-a-like on the set... but I have just realised Pharrell was not hired to design, he is here to serve entertainment and a great global show.
The Arnaults wanted a showman for their LV menswear and not a designer, and even though it's not my taste I recognize Pharrell delivers, both a great show and also tons of desirable accessories. Even some desirable clothes sometimes.
Im maybe wrong but I don’t think men goes to Vuitton for a sartorial experience. It’s fun, it’s « luxurious », it’s a bit tacky and tbh, why not if the product is honest, well presented and unpretentious.
What I can respect from Pharrell is that is not trying to be more than he can be. He gives a show and consumerism…

I know some men would want this. I’ve seen things my man would want.

When you look at this show and what Sabato presented at Gucci…Are those ugly pointy shoes, printed shirts and shorts shorts make people run to the stores?

I have to say that I didn’t expect restrained suits but the collection is retail goal. There’s everything for everyone. From an alligator bomber to a simple black suit, from decadent monogram to all black bags.

I don’t know if he understands fashion but he understand the luxury customer of today, for better or worse.

This is the epitome of fashion democratization. It’s pure show. Entertainment business.

Next move will be having an influencer as a designer or CD… about time.
As Eugene Rabkin predicts, the next EIC of Vogue will be Rihanna (or another pop figure).

Isn’t that in essence what Jacquemus is? He is a fashion influencer/designer…
In a way he became an influencer, but let’s say he started in fashion “design”, even if it was in a very amateur way. I remember his collections from 2008, I was also starting and used to comment them with a friend… they were so bad, but suddenly got the attention of all the key people (and by that time he was not that big on insta).

Then, thanks to his looks, he boomed on Instagram, but I would consider him a “designer”, even if he’s a bad one creating clothes.

I was talking more about the possibility of having a Chiara Ferragni taking the reigns of a maison… it won’t be her for the moment, because she’s no longer hot, but I do feel it’s going to be the next step.

I am managing a move by a a very top brand (one of the top 3) that is the definition of fashion democratization, and unthinkable 6 years ago. In fact, in 2020 someone from my team did a proposal about it and she almost gets fired. Now they will probably close it… it’s crazy.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was a step in the right direction, but expectations were quite low especially after that "Cowboy Carter" disaster for F/W.

A lot of the pieces are forgettable but beyond the opening set of simpler looks in all bag (with great accessories!), I kind of like the jacket with the pixelated map of Africa. Furs didn't work and the football kit was cringe worthy.

Music was on point though, especially the Pusha T/John Legend track and I always enjoy his choir (Voices of Fire?).

Waiting for Loewe, Sacai and obviously Dries now.

The same pixelated prints, the same LV gangsta canvas everywhere, the same "let´s get a model carrying a big trunk", the same everything...and Pharrel at the end cosplaying 80s Dapper Dan for no reason.

Hip-hop scene never gets tired of the same logomania, the same bling-bling...booring!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->