Louis Vuitton Resort 2019

The second dress looks interesting but thats all. Lots of gimmicky, ill fitting pieces. Very disappointing, especially after his recent collection. I love sunglasses though, they remind me of his days at Balenciaga.

Is this "Resort" or "Hard-labor camp"? Everything feels heavy and suffocating here. Too many things going on: embellishments, prints, colours, logos, volumes...feels like a bad trip to the 80s in a DeLorean!

Ok so, I will just ignore the fact that these kitty cats bags happened and say that I loved the collection. Its solid, sophisticated and desirable. The fact that the cuts are wild, bold, tamed and chic at the same time really kept entertained. Congrats Nicolas, wish you the best for the next five years :magic:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like most of it, aside of some of the weird leggings and the pieces that look like sleepwear/nighties.

HoYeon’s outfit is really horrific however.

Where's the fashion/design expertise? It's an abomination.

Unsurprisingly the tailored pieces and the looks with defined waists are the standouts. The rest is not only ugly, but completely devoid of taste. My god, this big oversized Balenciaga/Vetments look needs to end already. Do women really want to wear this much fabric? The poor models are drowning in it. Then it went to that awful silky nightgown section. The looks at the end are hideous. There is a major difference between experimentation and just throwing things together just for the sake of it. I will admit that the first two looks were fabulous! So modern and crisp! The rest really took a 180. His work at Balenciaga was so simple, yet it had so much impact with absolutely zero effort.

This seems to be moving somewhere else. the shape is getting more rounded, and some more loose fit cut, I like how most of it is not body conscious, caters to a wider range of body types. outerwears in #2 and #3 are great!

This seems to be moving somewhere else. the shape is getting more rounded, and some more loose fit cut, I like how most of it is not body conscious, caters to a wider range of body types. outerwears in #2 and #3 are great!

This isn't clothes that flatter different body shapes, it's just big clothes. If your not thin you'll end up looking like circus tent. And if you are thin then you'll end up looking like your wearing a deflated hot air ballon.

Its like a Marc by Marc Jacobs collection in stiffer fabrics and without the emotion his clothes have. The models look like they have not bathed in a week. Im really sick to death with 80s references now.

Yikes. Especially those Grace Coddington cat bags. And those final feather looks...

Major yikes.

The 2nd and 7th looks are nice but everything else is a bit of a mess.

A bit underwhelmed by the casting, would love to have seen a few of the more established models/icons slotted in, in past years we've seen the likes of Maggie Rizer, Julia Nobis and even Doona Bae on the LV Resort runway...

Some looks are great but a lot of it has been too heavily styled, you can definitely see some of the Balenciaga influences. The cat bags and hats are just hideous.

I love a few of the first looks (1, 2, 6, 7).
Some cuts are very unflattering. Not a fan of the squarred prints and the last bunch of looks is simply horrendous. Disappointing.

It's a good collection and it looked more beautiful in motion.
I think what i like the most about it is how fluid it is. It balances from the stiffness of his FW collection.

There are a lot of pieces that i love! I also love the second look a lot. The two long plissés dresses are stunning and i love a lot of those short and flowy dresses.

What i hate the most are the boleros, the vintage flower prints "wallpaper-ish" part in the middle and the printed thigh-high sneakers.

I love the "feathers" at the end but it works better as separates.

As much as i like this collection, MAS needs to chill on the styling (one more time) and i feel bad for the Vuitton ambassadors and for the editors because of that full look thing. I can only imagine!

One of the top resort collection of the season even if i still think that the Palms Springs was his best resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->