Louis Vuitton S/S 2024 by David Sims

I do like how bright, fresh, and clean this campaign is shaping up to be! Ghesquière's mainline Vuitton campaigns tend to be over-complicated in terms of concepts, so the sight of something more minimal is pleasing me to no end. The colouring and lighting are both lovely, love those clear blue skies and the graphic architecture of the building.

Vuitton's really pushing these ‘trussed ham’ handbags, with the romantic backstory of Ghesquière's reimagined GO-14 taking inspiration from the inside of one of their trunks, when everyone knows they just want to promote something in the quilted flap category.

But at least it’s a recognisable shape and made of leather.

What I have even less time for is Vuitton’s churn of nondescript-looking bags that look like an afterthought of canvas and vachetta thrown together, that people would scorn if it came from another company, didn’t have a logo and turned up in TJ/K Maxx.

So this campaign is ticking all the boxes for me.

That opening look from the show on Ida is probably one of the best opening looks of the season. It’s been a longtime since I’ve wanted to buy an entire outfit.
That shot alone is fabulous!

I’m not a fan of Loki’s shot but I’m very surprised to see that MAS changed a look from the runway to the campaign!

I’m curious to see the rest even though I don’t expect that much.

Will these ads even appear in magazines, or is everything online now?

Will these ads even appear in magazines, or is everything online now?
Magazines. This is the main collection so it appears on magazines.
The capsule collections campaigns, photographed by Ethan James Green are more online focused.

These are good, and I neither am a fan of LV nor of Nicolas, but when it works - it works. Cold and sterile environment, but that sunlight and the styling just work together. It is a little basic and simple, but in all the right places.

Vogue_USA_-_January_2024-112 拷貝.jpg
Vogue USA January 2024

Vanity_Fair_UK_02_2024-116 拷貝.jpg
Vanity Fair UK February 2024

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"