Louis Vuitton 'Alma' Handbags 2021 : Rianne, Sacha, Sora & Vittoria by Steven Meisel

I somehow can’t hate it. This is obviously not one of Meisel’s great moments but the casting is perfect and i love Vittoria&Rianne duo. Sora is one of my favorites too and Sacha is slowly becoming one. I agree that wigs are horrible but for now i just enjoy seeing Meisel back at LV and my favorite girls together.

Best casting and photographer and this is still pretty terrible

Especially if you think of all the amazing Louis Vuitton campaigns by Meisel we saw under Marc Jacobs. This almost breaks my heart as it had all the potential to be great. Like helmutnotdead, I will have to look at some other LV campaigns to forget this one.

It’s terrible! For some reason, this feels very Carine...
(Waiting for someone to announce that she is involved in this mess).

It’s terrible! For some reason, this feels very Carine...
(Waiting for someone to announce that she is involved in this mess).
Has Nicolas ever worked with her after Balenciaga X Max Mara mess?

He probably had carte blanche otherwise Vittoria or Sacha would never end up in a Vuitton campaign.

Anyway, this could have been good with all the parties involved but it looks like a watered down version of his Versace campaigns.

Vittoria & Rianne look really stunning in their solo shots. That also makes me mad 'cause Sacha & Sora had none. It seems like they're just here to tick the diversity box. Also, these images are very on brand for Nicolas' LV visuals, which have been dull since day one. (Remember those Bruce Weber campaigns? :sick:)

I posted the full campaign from LV ecommerce site and must've pasted one of the images over the credit so it got deleted. Maybe a notice beforehand, moderators?

They used to do wonders at Balenciaga, what happened? Is Marie-Amélie Sauvé still involved?

Has Nicolas ever worked with her after Balenciaga X Max Mara mess?
But she was invited back at Balenciaga shows after leaving VP...
She worked for Vuitton since then. She styled the Art of travel, the iconoclasts and a lot of bag campaigns for Vuitton. Considering that this isn’t a « fashion » campaign per say, she could be involved.

For Meisel's standards this can't get any more basic but somehow this still works considering how horrible Ghesquiere's campaigns have been for LV since day one. The only mainline ad I ever truly liked under his tenure was maybe SS17?

I can't say no to that casting either. I like seeing Rianne and Sora still front Vuitton ads every now and then.

In a long mile not Meisel’s best studio shot campaign. But it’s still a studio shot campaign by Meisel. So I’ll take it.

And as I predicted, it is styled by Carine. But considering that MAS’s styling for the prefall is equally bad, I guess it’s a fair game.

Well Carine and MAS clearly working together to sabotage LV from the inside and damaging their own legacies.

I love Rianne and Vittoria's picture. Reminds me of to Linda and Shana.

Well Carine and MAS clearly working together to sabotage LV from the inside and damaging their own legacies.
At this stage, Carine has done more good to LV than MAS during Nicolas’s tenure...

I don’t get why MAS doesn’t work with Meisel considering that she did Vuitton campaigns with him under Marc (Madonna, Lara Stone).

Solo shot of Sora Choi:

EQJu1S0.jpg

louisvuitton.com

Carine wrote on instagram that this was shot by Meisel remotely

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"