Louis Vuitton S/S 2025 Paris

This is my absolute favorite look and one of my favorite looks overall this season, despite the fact I would never wear pantaskirts. However, I wish the collection had looked more like this instead. I'm more of a weird/clean/futuristic NG fan rather than maximalist NG.

zzzzzzz.jpg

Finally some FASHION. It’s not everyone’s cup but I love that NG challenges us from time to time. Not a lot of designers in their third decade can say this.

It’s been a dire Paris season sans Celine I guess but this is my favorite.

Parts of this collection reminded me of early 80s Vivienne Westwood, in the shapes, prints, colours and even the shoes - the ones in the opening look remind me so much of the pirate boot.

The runway and soundtrack are corny, no? Reminding you of another product category while supposedly showcasing the RTW is just too much. Maybe if the color palette was more limited in the trunks it wouldn't distract. And "You're giving me life" is a bit like "Slay, queen", a worn phrase, I would have stayed away from it. Or is it already retro/ vintage?

The main product looks successful in what it's trying to do. I do hate it though, almost irrationally, but can see why it works for the target audience...

While we are talking about the « commercial reality » of the collection, I can actually see a lot of it produced. It’s Essentially straight cut loose tshirt dresses in flou + mini sexy dresses and fluid long dresses.
Once said and done, you wear it with bare legs and it works. I doubt that a lot of women will play the layering game.
It will be interesting to see Zendaya in one of those looks as her stylist seems to be the only one (out of all the ambassadors) willing to play with the clothes instead of sticking the whole runway outfit on his client.

Unfortunately they will produce the shoes!
The bags are still fantastic tho. The « Fan » bag is great!

about the luxury consumer discussion... This is still louis vuitton. Their runway/rtw seems to function more like couture where in only a few pieces are made and usually those that are made already belong to someone with the modifications they want. So he has to present/challenge or atleast get the curiosity of their top buyers, if im one of them and i see this collection, ill be in la la land trying to build my summer wardrobe from this collection. The people they offer runway pieces to are mostly fashion geeks at heart and love being challenged.

That said for regular people(regular luxury consumer) whether they hate or love the runway pieces, its gonna be difficult to buy and most likely they will only see the logo pieces that they flood the stores with. Or the watered down store version of the collection although as mentioned before this collection has a lot of styling gimmicks but it doesnt look too difficult to reproduce for the stores.

This is my absolute favorite look and one of my favorite looks overall this season, despite the fact I would never wear pantaskirts. However, I wish the collection had looked more like this instead. I'm more of a weird/clean/futuristic NG fan rather than maximalist NG.

View attachment 1312780
The construction looks super poor and frumpy

beautiful fabrics gone to waste, the hideous shoes, fringe, shapeless dresses .90% of this is just unwearable , I just wish could make a collection which would actually look good on women
Every celeb wearing LV looks like a clown. Even MAS looks disguised and ridiculous. I don’t know what NG is thinking, although I guess he couldn’t care less about fashion anymore.

The construction looks super poor and frumpy
The top is super structured, so I don't get your comment. Perhaps the pantaskirt is, but I only care about the look for what it is, not about the construction or anything, even if I would never wear those kind of bottoms.

Every celeb wearing LV looks like a clown. Even MAS looks disguised and ridiculous. I don’t know what NG is thinking, although I guess he couldn’t care less about fashion anymore.
You thinks that MAS looks ridiculous in his clothes?
It’s a matter of appreciation I guess.

I couldn’t care less about celebrities but MAS and Brune always looks good in his clothes IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raypinot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->