Love #20 F/W 2018.19 : The 10th Anniversary Issue

I can only say one thing looking at all these covers: What a trash fest. :huh:

None of it feels modern at all with the possible exception of Horror Gigi (hmmmm) and McLellan. Not just trash but desperate trash.

Beth Ditto by Tim Walker

37956312_443160379517372_9216314404860067840_n.jpg
instagram.com/kenwins_213

It’s fitting to see Beth Ditto on the cover of their anniversary issue, since she was the cover girl of Love’s first issue. But I can’t say I like it. It’s quite a depressing looking cover.

My one complaint with these covers is that they don't feel at all celebratory for a 10th anniversary issue. The preview with Naomi and Adwoa by M&M was far more interesting and appropriate for such an occasion. Katie Grand should have went with that shot alone as an official cover, and ran a few others of a similar nature.

And just as I posted this, Love posted a cover with Naomi and Adwoa which will be appearing on newsstands:

I'm really not Adwoa's biggest fan but this cover with her and Naomi is great!

I actually love Beth's cover. I don't know why. I always had a soft spot for Tim Walker but he's been a hit and miss lately. Although this is classical portrait Walker, it has something defying. Please tell me the "love" censor is just photoshop for Instagram. I want this cover uncensored.

WHAT A WASTE OF COVERS!! The only good ones are Adwoa and Naomi -the perfect picture for a 10th anniversary issue-, the horror Gigi and Kendall's one -but none of these two for this "special" edition-.

Utterly boring issue. I've never been a huge fan of LOVE, but recently there was always one amazing editorial (at least) in each issue and the S/S one as a whole was actually pretty good. Nothing worth the paper/budget printed in this issue; wow fashion magazines are so depressing at the moment, can't front :unsure: :(!

It's Naomi & Adwoa or nothing.

This is the problem I have with multi-covers - I kinda don't want to buy the issue if I can't have the cover I want. If there was no choice, I'd probably just look at the cover shot, suck it up, and move past to the contents.

A part of Beth Ditto's editorial photographed by Tim Walker
Fashion Editor Katie Grand

instagram.com/harriet.verney

The pink picture is nice.

The girls from the #LOVEME20 model competition still got photos inside, I saw 2 posts on instagram of two girls that entered the competition!

instagram.com/sabrina.brunton
instagram.com/phoebecombes

Looks great so far. The Beth feature is a lovely throwback to that fantastic 'First Love' issue!

There is also a Brad Pitt cover. Shot by Steven Klein on the set of Fight Club. Random.

Gigi’s sad faces are little bit too literal. Like the kind of sad faces my little niece of 5 makes.

Considering how mediocre she is as a model, it didn't come out half as bad as I expected! (Doesn't mean it's good though)

There is also a Brad Pitt cover. Shot by Steven Klein on the set of Fight Club. Random.

How relevant to this very issue and the year we're living in! It doesn't feel random or contrived in the slightest Maybe Katie could also get some backstage pictures of the other famous Beth on the set of Jezabel and plaster them on a cover, that would make just as good of an impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"