Love #20 F/W 2018.19 : The 10th Anniversary Issue

Weird issue, all edits are good separately, but look strange together. No idea what is the direction here at all besides Katie Grand worshiping her styling

Weird issue, all edits are good separately, but look strange together. No idea what is the direction here at all besides Katie Grand worshiping her styling

Ten/twenty year old throwbacks and advertorials for No. 21, Dolce and Vaccarello's Saint Laurent??? :sick:

Never noticed Adwoa had a body that good before. And I've never seen Kaia look so much like Cindy - in some shots here, it's uncanny.

I must say, this issue is amazing!

PD: Kendall´s editorial is nice even I don´t like her work much

Never noticed Adwoa had a body that good before.

Saw it first in Edward's debut Vogue issue. I'm actually surprised that most stylists consistently pile loads of clothes on her.

Katie Grand really saves the best for Love! Each and every edit so far looks immaculately styled. You really need to see it in person because if you were to read the review (Kendall, Gigi, Kaia, Adwoa etc) it just sounds obnoxious. Do like that she's getting more experimental with Kendall and Gigi at least.

^ditto Gigi really pulls off that "witchy girl who knits" look and the editorial is just incredible, so atmospheric and creepy, too bad the images chosen to be the covers aren't that strong. Kendall is the lesser model but she at least put some effort this time, McLellan at his best IMO. I really don't like those "not really models, not really celebs" edits Katie does but the M&M one is just glorious, it reminds of the lighting they used ca. 2007 but updated somehow.

Saw it first in Edward's debut Vogue issue. I'm actually surprised that most stylists consistently pile loads of clothes on her.

Katie Grand really saves the best for Love! Each and every edit so far looks immaculately styled. You really need to see it in person because if you were to read the review (Kendall, Gigi, Kaia, Adwoa etc) it just sounds obnoxious. Do like that she's getting more experimental with Kendall and Gigi at least.

Exactly! The issue is huge but so worth it IMO.

Kendall gets a lot of hate but really has elevated her print work. Not going to lie McLellan and her work well together (even more so than Mert and Marcus) but her editorial really stands out in terms of styling and her modeling.

Puking at that Dolce editorial. Disgusting.

And they should stop posing Adwoa with other models. She always comes out flat.

We are in a new puritanical era in fashiondom where it’s frowned upon to strip a woman near naked in shoots… But it’s totally progressive to dress an adult woman like some infantile, fetishistic Rainbow Brite doll like as they did to Tiffany on the cover of Glamour— all in the name of modernity, of course.

Adwoa has an incredible hardbody, and despite what you may feel about her, she does posses some range. Great to see these guys not afraid to flaunt her this way-- and appropriately oiled up.She looks like Christy shot by Helmut Newton in her solo shot. Gorgeous shot of a gorgeous woman.

(I would have shot them in wet t-shirts emblazoned with “LOVE" for that extra bit of unPC-ness just to enrage the sheep… Nothing wrong with two very healthy and extremely fit women flaunting their hard-earned bodies in a… fashion publication.

This issue (or this magazine) is a perfect catalogue of all the bad things in the fashion industry nowadays.

i don't like katie grand's work but i admit i saw this issue in person today and it's pretty good if you ignore all the nepotism there are some nice editorials

A few editorials are good & i'm not surprised to see Kendall in topless.

We are in a new puritanical era in fashiondom where it’s frowned upon to strip a woman near naked in shoots… But it’s totally progressive to dress an adult woman like some infantile, fetishistic Rainbow Brite doll like as they did to Tiffany on the cover of Glamour— all in the name of modernity, of course.

You make it sound like they're ensalved by a cruel prostitution ring and made to strip in the most humilliating/degrading fashion, which is probably what many in the PC-brigade believe in their sick little heads lol.

^^^ Yeah, I'm that Marty character from Showgirls LOL

I forget there are delicate flowers that may likely interpret such wording as ammunition for assault… This is the reason I don’t ready the pitchforks and torches whenever models come out of the woodwork with accusations of such and such at who and whom. Karl Templer being accused of such assault is a perfect example: I’m absolutely not dismissing anyone’s accusations— just trying to understand both sides of the story. And it’s very possible they took his hurried, rough handling of dressing them as “assault”, when it may have been anything but that. (And I always thought Karl was one of us and not into the fairer sex…)

And knowing how Mert & Marcus are friends with Naomi and Adwoa, and them being comfortable around these guys, they probably told them they were going to “strip” them near naked and oiled up like it’s wet t-shirt showtime at the local redneck bar in Phoenix, Arizona… A shoot with a new photographer would likely not yield the same, aggressive but playful, sexy results. Context is so important, and Mert & Marcus being gay men and friends to the models, could absolutely get away with things that a straight man shooting these ladies probably wouldn’t able able to do.

'Happy 10th Birthday Love!'

Photographer: Phil Poynter
Models: Aube Jolicoeur, Bella Hadid, Ben Allen, Hoyeon Jung, Julia Banas, Kris Grikaite, Slick Woods, Taylor Hill, Winnie Harlow
Stylist: Vanessa Chow
Make-up: Hung Vanngo
Hair stylist: Ben Skervin

Bella Hadid without the letters all over her face:

imgmodels.com/news/bella-hadid-love-fw-2018

Say what you will about Bella´s modeling skills but I think she´s so pretty and looks lovely when she´s smiling or doing anything else than the bored look.

^^^ Yeah, I'm that Marty character from Showgirls LOL

"Higher! Not that high. Stay in sync. One-two-three! And thrust it, thrust it, THRUST IT, COME ON, THRUST IT! AH! Ok, that's enough!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I went into my local supermarket - the only place near me that sells Love - and there it was, one lone copy sitting there, with the Adwoa/Naomi cover, and I thought it was meant to be.

Then I flicked through it and was strangely underwhelmed by the magazine as a whole, especially given the sheer weight of the issue. I kept mistaking ads for editorial content.

But I feel like I should buy it, because where else are you going to get that much high-gloss imagery for your money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->