Luella S/S 04 New York

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
i dont have any pictures yet and i trust someone else to post here since i'm leaving for Paris tomorrow, still the following review is quite well writen and i guess it gives a very accurate idea of luella's ss04 mood

New York September 14, 2003 - If Luella Bartley's spring 2004 collection is any indication of how the British surfer girl spent her summer holiday, then it's good to be Bartley. As her program notes explained it, the Luella girl is "all about dancing around the fire on a tropical beach - voodoo style." It certainly beats sweating in the city any day.

Loose, colorful, and somewhat tribal is how she interpreted her vision. To the sounds of drum-laden dance music, she sent out her tanned, beach-haired Luella girls, looking like the chicest of savages.
:heart: Low-slung skirts were cinched paper-bag style, men's shirting was used for oversized dresses, long coats came in potato sack material, a knockout gown gained more punch with a primitive pop art print; and :heart: all the looks were wrapped up tight with double wound leather belts, littered with jangles of charms.

Recently, Bartley has received much attention for her accessories, namely her handbags, which she designs along with young talent Stuart Vevers. And this season, the two didn't disappoint. Along with colorful clutches and grab-bags adorned with the trinkets Bartley can't seem to get enough of, there were a couple :woot: hobo bags in green lizard skin and orange leather that will undoubtedly be on many a spring wish list. Whether the fluorescent green Grecian sandals she showed will be as big a success is somewhat questionable, especially since several of the models seemed to have some trouble keeping them laced up properly.

Bartley presented her latest collection Sunday afternoon in a bright studio space on the West Side Highway, a last minute location change from the Bryant Park tents that caused quite some confusion and consequently many empty seats. Fortunately, Helena Christensen did receive the memo and sat front row with her hands clapped around the ears of her strikingly beautiful son Mingus. It seems not everyone is suited for the Luella tribal life.

sounds interesting. thanks for the article, now i want to see pictures!

sounds good, i saw a fe wpics on wire image, but i cant post them.

may be our firstview and fashion window people would be so kind :blush: :blush:

I like this collection for Luella. :heart:

It was very her with the color pallete and surfer inspired looks and the clothes look really fun and wearable. The best part is it seemed very fresh with some good new ideas. :wink:

It seems in the first set a pictures a few things seem a bit Chanel however i absolutely adore the slouchy-ness of luella. It looks like I could just throw it on and go and look fab. I enjoy.

the colours are a bit much for my taste, but I do like some of the skirts, and I really adore the sandals. :heart:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Sep 15th, 2003 - 4:45 am
I like this collection for Luella. :heart:

It was very her with the color pallete and surfer inspired looks and the clothes look really fun and wearable. The best part is it seemed very fresh with some good new ideas. :wink:
Thanks for taking the time, ignitioned. :flower:

I really like a few pieces, some of the skirts and the purple dress, but all in all I'm not so impressed. :neutral:

:heart: I love it, love the first 2 looks and the black dress with the cote (bootom left on first)

I really liek it :heart: :woot:

One of my faves ... she got me at accesories!!!! Lots of 'em! (oh..and the palette)

That first little Chanel jacket and the cream colores mini with pockets is GREAT! This is all so cute and first and foremost SO wearable.

Sorry though, I don't like the shoes. At all. Too flat and not very flattering either… B)

This seasons NY fashion week collections have very much portrayed what TV has led the rest of the world to believe is the 'new york city daytime style' (sex and the city particularly) and this collection is exactly that.

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 16th, 2003 - 1:45 pm
This seasons NY fashion week collections have very much portrayed what TV has led the rest of the world to believe is the 'new york city daytime style' (sex and the city particularly) and this collection is exactly that.
deffinetly :shock:

diane even named her collection sex and teh city

I really liked these sandals. :heart:

00060f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"