Luella Moves to London Fashion Week S/S 08

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
Luella Leaves New York for London

Luella Bartley is packing up her catwalk for London.

The British-based designer announced late last night (or early this morning, if you're British) that her Spring '08 show will take place at London Fashion Week.

Of course we're bummed, because Luella is our favorite New York show, but this move is great for London:

It means more UK designers are fueling the London fashion scene, and for a place with lots of emerging talent (or at least, a lot of wit and guts), that can only be good.

The move will also benefit Ms. Bartley, whose first Luella boutique opens in London this Fall.

We expect a great show, a big party, and of course, a decent seat... or didn't you know we were packing up for London this Fall?

To be continued...

fashionista.com

It seems like more and more designers are leaving NY Fashion Week. Do you think it's because of the overcrowding of shows there?

Is this a permanent move, or just one season to coincide with the opening of her boutique, like a couple of other designers have done?

well,that'll certainly contribute to bringing a bit more attention back to London.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea...great to see london getting more talent back!

Luellas not exactly talent mind you. This is tolerable, lets just hope Matthew Williamson doesn't jump on the wagon.

I would be a lot more excited to see some of the British 'heavyweights' returning to London... as in McQueen, Galliano, Stella or Chalayan.

Luella is so New York, I liked her better there. But then again London fashion sorta needs the attention.

Noooooo I like Luella in NY... I may have to go to London this year! :o

Good for London, and great to hear she's opening a store, I think her last few seasons have been her best, am excited to see what she comes up with for her return to London . . .

Really good news and I would love to see more of the British designers showing at LFW :smile:

tricotineacetat said:
I would be a lot more excited to see some of the British 'heavyweights' returning to London... as in McQueen, Galliano, Stella or Chalayan.

Agreed, especially McQueen or Chayalan.

well,i am by no means a fan bartley but i do think her name on the roster will surely allow for more coverage. that's my point. perhaps,more press will come and cover some of the other collections that seem to get overshadowed.

I posted this in another thread.. but wouldn't it make a statement if Burberry moved to London. I mean think of burberry you think of England right? It would just make so much sense to me.

McQueen's return to London would definately also push london towards becoming more major.

Hum .. all this collection shows moves makes see the world as the a fashionable ever-moving giant chess game!

CharlottefromCA
wouldn't it make a statement if Burberry moved to London. I mean think of burberry you think of England right? It would just make so much sense to me.

That would definitely make sense. I'm sure the only factor stopping them is the amount of press, guests, and possibly money they would lose.

she was losing ground in new york but i think the london hype is losing ground...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->