travolta

Reaction score
http://www.artandcommerce.com/anthology/archive/

sns20030101a001.jpg

sns20010701a001.jpg

sns20010101a001.jpg

sns20000922a001.jpg

travolta!:heart:
i've wanted to start this topic for some time but i never found enough pictures that i liked, i guess i spelled the name wrong, i thought it was sanchiz ....

there's a fantastic photograph in the book 'fashion faces up' from the same shoot as the last one in your first post. i'll scan it tomorrow.
does anyone know if he does videoclips, too? i thought i'd read that somewhere. there is something surreal and sometimes even aggressive about his style.
thank you!!

cool, can't wait to see :D

i'm not sure if he does video clips? i only know his work through the website i posted.

i agree with the surreal and aggressive assessment, and i have been becoming very attracted to these two traits in photography, or maybe i am becoming more aware of this attraction :P. if you know of any other photographers who fit this bill, please post them!! :flower:

The only work of his I've ever seen is an old Gucci campaign from 98.....I must say though, there are some great pictures in here.

Attachments

• 200401141413_b04.jpg
    200401141413_b04.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 71
  • cumm2.jpg
    cumm2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 67
most of his photos are awesome:heart:

some others remind me a bit of terry richardson :innocent:

jennifer!, i love that last editorial, i actually posted it a few days ago in the Anne V. thread :o

MulletProof said:
jennifer!, i love that last editorial, i actually posted it a few days ago in the Anne V. thread :o
Will you ever get the last word... :innocent:... :smile:lol::blush: I would have waited for your arrival here if I had known.)

i loved that editorial he did with madonna for arena in 1999... i love his warm color pallette and the austere sensuality of his pictures

The Bluish picture is luis sanchis for Gucci :flower:

Attachments

• LuisSanchisUndies.jpg
    LuisSanchisUndies.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 602
  • Tom_Ford_5_350.jpg
    Tom_Ford_5_350.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 64
i like that gucci picture :smile:ninja:smile: thanks for posting, hanne!

nice thread, travolta--the first pic is a favorite!! some of his work is very powerful, but a lot of it leaves me cold...i think it's just the lighting and the cool color palette, though :rolleyes:

^^^^ nice scan anna k...the entire ed is on the a+c website.

some stuff i like...

sns20011011a009.jpg

sns20040901c003.jpg

luxmode said:
^^^^ nice scan anna k...the entire ed is on the a+c websi

:doh: did you have to tell me? why do i always, always do that:lol:

^ i agree , i like the pic w/ the sand smudged on his back too. i feel this work is much better than most the surrealistic guy bourdin influenced images.

Hanne, I love that Gucci picture! It's so eerie, the blue tinge of everything and the reflection of the model in the floor....thanks!

travolta said:
^ i agree , i like the pic w/ the sand smudged on his back too. i feel this work is much better than most the surrealistic guy bourdin influenced images.

bourdin influenced for sure.....

i still have the issue of the face, which the daft punk photos appear , great article and pics!!!( and nice phoenix poster).

were the maria carla shots from l'official or mixte? or another?

Very beautiful! In a moment his work reminds me of Chapelle's which is not that great but then again the art takes over.:flower:

thanks for posting, perl. i'm not so fond on the other two but the first one is stunning. he seems to have a thing for people on the ground^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->