L'Uomo Vogue February 2021

I have the feeling that some of the members here hate everything Vogue Italia and L'Uomo are publishing no matter what they got served in front of their eyes. I find this a bit annoying, frankly, since I believe the two titles keep serving decent content. I don't like everything either, but I still believe good job is being done; I feel there are serving contemporary images and opened their doors to many young talents that would be never allowed to be part of the CN family in the past. Getting Romeo for his first cover is a big thing for the the magazine and their casting director. I am sure many London based editors would love to feature him if they would get the chance. But no, he ended up at L'Uomo. Romeo looks good and so does the cover in my opinion. The editorial preview looks promising, now I am curious to see also the new creative direction.

I feel there are serving contemporary images and opened their doors to many young talents that would be never allowed to be part of the CN family in the past.
What you say may be true and valid. But a cover starring a son of Posh & Becks wearing Prada shot by M&M is anything but opening their doors for new talent.

What you say may be true and valid. But a cover starring a son of Posh & Becks wearing Prada shot by M&M is anything but opening their doors for new talent.

I agree with you, they are not. I meant they are including ALSO young talents, not ONLY.

I see nothing wrong with this cover. Unfamiliar with the subject.

I used to think that VI wasn't that bad untill this Ferdinando guy came. We want to see fashion, not an empty cover, (bad) paintings, CGI models, animals, kids drawings, pseudo fashion models (the son of, the daugther of...), or any thing that VI did over the last year. We used to see those incredibles Steven Meisel covers month after month. How on earth, if you're looking for fashion, the (not so) new Vogue Italia is your best option? I will like this magazine again when the "answear at prada.com" guy gets fired because this is not National Geographic or Art Forum. This used to be the best fashion magazine of the world. Nothing compares to Franca's Vogue and Aldo Premoli's and Anna Dello Russo's L'Uomo. That was real fashion, not this.

It looks grey and drab... nothing would make me pick this up. Sure Romeo on the cover is maybe a big deal but this? Not for me.

Does the modeling industry even exist anymore or is it just a nepo playground?

On Instagram though there are decent pictures of him and a video too. Don't remember where I saw them though.

I have the feeling that some of the members here hate everything Vogue Italia and L'Uomo are publishing no matter what they got served in front of their eyes.
The hate here is thick but Farneti’s skin is thicker.

The first cover is kind of OK (Romeo looks so much like mama Victoria it's scary), but what the hell is going on in the second cover? At this point can only laugh at Farneti and enjoy the ride until he gets kicked out from the Condé Nast.

Ugh, the Waters cover shouldve been the only one! Very similar to his Saint Laurent campaign, but it looks great. Minus the sunglasses. Black wasn't the right choice.

Yeah the John Waters cover is the only one that kinda works, except for the black sunglasses. I love the subtle pink text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->