L'Uomo Vogue June 2018 : Rogier Bosschaart by Julia Hetta

MDNA

Reaction score

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

L'Uomo Vogue and Interview just finished their farewell tour like Cher I think.

Why can't I have Details back. This cover is just lacklustre.

:lol: @MDNA!

It doesn't look like a cover, more like a preview, but I like the image a lot! It's very mature yet modern. None of that youth nonsense we're inundated with.

Maybe they changed the teams as well which imo was needed because the last few imagery looked as dull as dishwater. And maybe Farneti is the one who motivated the relaunch for L'uomo. He comes from GQ, it's something he would do.

Yes!! I'm beyond happy for this. No words. VI finally has its male counterpart. The year under the new eic was quite good, with fashion eds with real male models. Hope to see a mix bt Premoli/Russo/Sozanni era. And yes, please, relaunch Details! Depends of Anna and J. Newhouse. Dan Peres is a master.

MDNA is on a roll!

Looks like either a supplement to VI, or some sort of preview. Either case, looks unbearably stale— like some throwaway webitorial for any given, nameless online men’s shop.

These new women shooters are so bland, boring and tepid— just a bunch of catalogue photographers. Makes Collier come across so much more impressive… and that’s really saying just how meek these women's shoots are, when they make Collier's work so alive in comparison.

^Julia Hetta is really boring. Worked multiple times with her, she needs 5 hours to do one single boring photo :lol: . She thinks that she is more than a fashion photographer, like an artist or something :innocent:

^I have met those type of photographers. I couldn't count how many eyerolls we all had at the set.

Not only bland and boring imageries, lacking creativity, and pretentious— but one of those people that take forever just to take one catalogue-looking shot LOL

I can’t suffer these traits in anyone that’s in fashion. Go work for TIME magazine.

That’s such a weak image for L’UOMO. If that’s meant as a taste of things to come, then let L’UOMO remain dead. I don’t want to see more catalogues masquerading as magazines, along with the department-store designers, in high fashion.

Dire days.

^Julia Hetta is really boring. Worked multiple times with her, she needs 5 hours to do one single boring photo :lol: . She thinks that she is more than a fashion photographer, like an artist or something :innocent:[/QUOTE

OMG lol, so many of them are like this tho. Like, get a grip. This pretence that fashion is as serious as art is in a way what's wrong with this industry and why it's so toxic.
Not to say fashion can't be art, it can. Just not on this cover.

I was not expecting this at all! So happy the are relaunching for the 50th anniversary! (technically it's their 51st, but they like to take a year off).

It doesn't look like a supplement, it says June, and the June issue of Vogue is already out (right?) so it can't be.

It's probably coming out right before Milan Fashion Week (mid June). I hope it'll be monthly but I highly doubt it... I'll take 4 issues a year, but not two.

PREVIEW : Pharrell Williams by Brigitte Lacombe

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

I think the article in the preview said that the magazine will be globally published in English, and this issue counts editorials by Julia Hetta, Collier Schorr, Brigitte Lacombe, Annemarieke van Drimmelen and Arielle Bobb-Willis.

I can’t read Italian, so correct me if I’m wrong.

These new women shooters are so bland, boring and tepid— just a bunch of catalogue photographers. Makes Collier come across so much more impressive… and that’s really saying just how meek these women's shoots are, when they make Collier's work so alive in comparison.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I've been saying this for so long! Couldn't agree with you more. Granted, this wave made it possible for the rise of Charlotte Wales, an overwhelming percentage of the new guard photogs (especially the female ones) bore me to tears! They're part of the reason magazines are so dull nowadays. Vitamine is right! Nobody is shooting fashion for the sake of fashion anymore. We are inundated with photographers who would like each and every shoot to hang in some museum as art. They're approaching edits with a first year art student's sensibility, meaning they're overthinking everything. Everything must be a statement.

I still like this image though. There's a silent Sarah Moon grace to it coupled with the masculine elements.

I think the article in the preview said that the magazine will be globally published in English, and this issue counts editorials by Julia Hetta, Collier Schorr, Brigitte Lacombe, Annemarieke van Drimmelen and Arielle Bobb-Willis.

I can’t read Italian, so correct me if I’m wrong.

Yep, the text says it will be published in English (with italian translations).
It will be available "in a couple of weeks", it will be sold both as a standalone magazine and as a supplement to Vogue Italia.

It says L'Uomo is "coming back" so I'm assuming it's not a special one-off issue, but it doesn't say how often it'll be published.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I've been saying this for so long! Couldn't agree with you more. Granted, this wave made it possible for the rise of Charlotte Wales, an overwhelming percentage of the new guard photogs (especially the female ones) bore me to tears! They're part of the reason magazines are so dull nowadays. Vitamine is right! Nobody is shooting fashion for the sake of fashion anymore. We are inundated with photographers who would like each and every shoot to hang in some museum as art. They're approaching edits with a first year art student's sensibility, meaning they're overthinking everything. Everything must be a statement.

I still like this image though. There's a silent Sarah Moon grace to it coupled with the masculine elements.

^so true. That's why I will prefer Meisel over any of these photographers. Even bad Meisel is better than all of them. This is a fashion magazine, i want fashion.

If you really want to laugh Julia Hetta framed her work and put them on her house :lol:

#1 Pharrell Williams by Brigitte Lacombe
#2 Aiden Andrews by Annemarieke van Drimmelen
#3 Kobe Delgado by Collier Schorr
#4 Alton Mason by Arielle Bobb-Willis
#5 Rogier Bosschaart by Julia Hetta

instagram.com/luomovogue

Last edited by a moderator:
So by the looks of it, they're back to their old tricks! Woke/hipster/youth/multi-cover direction? Should've stayed in the coffin. I'll see myself out!

L’Uomo Vogue to Relaunch

Condé Nast Italia is bringing back Vogue Italia’s menswear publication as a biannual starting on June 12. Editor-in-chief Emanuele Farneti tells BoF about its fresh, fashion-centric perspective and international focus.

MILAN, Italy — Condé Nast Italia is relaunching L’Uomo Vogue just in time for its fiftieth anniversary, about a year after closing the menswear magazine and other specialty Italian titles.

The new incarnation of L’Uomo Vogue will publish twice in 2018, in June and October, and will be available on newsstands and initially bundled with Vogue Italia subscriptions. It will also be available in English throughout with Italian translations.

“We didn’t want to wait too long [to relaunch] because, at the moment, the memory of L’Uomo Vogue is quite strong in the market with clients and readers,” Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Emanuele Farneti told BoF. He said it was always his hope to bring back the title, but last year he focused on rethinking Vogue Italia.

Farneti took over the magazine in January 2017 following the death of legendary editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani, who turned both Vogue Italia and L’Uomo Vogue into influential fashion tomes. When Condé Nast Italia’s Fedele Usai announced the closure of the title last year, he said the publisher needed to focus on its key brands. (Vogue Accessory, another magazine closed at the same time, relaunched in March as a sister publication to Vogue Italia and Vanity Fair Italia.)

With fewer issues per year and a smaller editorial staff, the publisher is now ready to bring L’Uomo Vogue back with the support of advertisers — the first issue has 127 advertising pages.

In addition to working with outside contributors, the magazine will be lead by Farneti as editor-in-chief, GQ Italia’s fashion director Andrea Tenerani and Vogue Italia’s deputy editor-in-chief Alan Prada. Thomas Persson will serve as creative director.

“We are leveraging some opportunities within Condé Nast,” said Farneti.

Even though some L’Uomo Vogue content will live online on Vogue Italia’s website, Farneti also wants to ensure both titles will look and feel different. By publishing twice or three times per year, L’Uomo Vogue is designed to live longer on the newsstand and, unlike its previous monthly iteration, will have less news. The new L’Uomo Vogue will focus on fashion and style rather than lifestyle as well, which is covered by GQ Italia.

“There really is a possibility of being the most relevant international men’s title as long as we focus on fashion,” said Farneti. By publishing in English, he hopes the magazine will expand the international reach he says it had already cultivated.

L’Uomo Vogue’s return coincides with the continued growth of the luxury menswear market and new designers taking the helm at major brands, including Riccardo Tisci’s arrival at Burberry, Hedi Slimane’s at Céline, Kris van Assche's at Berluti, Kim Jones’s at Dior and Virgil Abloh’s at Louis Vuitton.

All five aforementioned designers are profiled in the first relaunch issue, which will not explicitly celebrate the magazine’s anniversary — “this has been done many times in the past,” says Farneti — but features the work of five female photographers who were commissioned to explore five different categories of men’s style, loosely inspired by the last five decades. Collier Shorr, Brigitte Lacombe, Annemarieke van Drimmelen, Julia Hetta and Arielle Bobb-Willis contributed to the special package.

The magazine will be released on June 12, the opening day of Pitti Immagine Uomo in Florence. Farneti will celebrate with a party for 500 industry insiders at the influential men’s trade show, followed by a private dinner party celebration in Milan the following week. “We didn’t want this to be a supplement,” said Farneti, adding that the magazine will address a range of different perspectives on men’s style in a way that will hopefully feel both very Italian but also internationally accessible. “We felt like it was the right time to rethink the formula, stop for awhile and see what else the market needed and restart with a fresh mind.”
businessoffashion.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->