Lv Murakami Cell Phone Help

Street_a_Licious

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I wanna remodel my cell phone like that:
cell-phone_sketch.jpg

Does anyone know what material would be good, and tips on how to do it? I mean, I don't think there is fabric available with such tiny LV logo on it, is there?

couldnt you just print it onto a transparancy or paper and use some sort of glue to get it down? there are special glues that adhere plastic to plastic and paper to plastic (and the such) that might work.

I mean if you knew how to screenprint incredibly well, you could try that on fabric or even vinyl.

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Feb 4th, 2004 - 1:37 am
couldnt you just print it onto a transparancy or paper and use some sort of glue to get it down? there are special glues that adhere plastic to plastic and paper to plastic (and the such) that might work.

I mean if you knew how to screenprint incredibly well, you could try that on fabric or even vinyl.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=43260 :shifty:

Originally posted by thatsahat+Feb 4th, 2004 - 11:35 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thatsahat @ Feb 4th, 2004 - 11:35 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-oceanharlot@Feb 4th, 2004 - 1:37 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=43260 :shifty: [/b][/quote]
Notice the absence of LV's ;D

Originally posted by sbbbjm@Feb 4th, 2004 - 7:02 am
that is SO cute

you should submit it to LV
i soo agree!!! i would buy it right away!!! :wub:

I was gonna recommend the EBAY route like thatsahat did they have covers for every cell phone (except MINE!! :angry: ) that have the LV print

but for a leather feel..? youd have to get leather or something and print it off onto the leather. and then sew it to fit your phone. Sounds like a pain in the **** to me

Haha i just got another idea!

you could go out an buy a murakami bag and cut it up!!! :woot: :ninja: :flower: dont hurt me

Originally posted by hilfiger10025@Feb 15th, 2004 - 12:39 am
you could go out an buy a murakami bag and cut it up!!! :woot: :ninja: :flower: dont hurt me
:lol:

No, no, no...

But if you feel you must, all I can say is you'd have to buy the bag and cut up the canvass. Go for a fake, since this isn't a real LV item anyway and there's no worry about authenticity.

You'd have to have the capability to sew up leather (or know somebody who does). Buy a leather case for your model of phone and take the stitching out so you have a template for the shape of the leather you're cutting out of the LV bag. Then reconstruct the LV leather to form the shape of the case.

An awful lot of work!

wow, that much work? I actually thought of printing it out and iron it on soft faux leather, but I dunno if I'll melt the leather...
And, about buyin' a Murakami for it
=> 1, The Logo is WAY too big, I want it small as on the pic
=> 2, You people know how much a original costs? (My mum nearly killed me when cutted an old LV bag which was kaput anyways, to sew it on my jeans back pocket...)

Oh, and those light brown leather stripes will be glued on the surface, just dunno what I should use... thought of lil' crystals

aww that's adorable..i luv those faceplates..i want to get a pink one :P

lol there are mini murakami stuff... like the credit card holder and key holder and other crap like that.

FYI- faux leather will melt when you iron on it. consider buying leather scraps instead (did you realize that LV is not made of leather? but of plastic coated canvas made to FEEL and look like leather).

there are LV cell holders on eBay now as well.

It looks a little tacky...but hey, each to their own!
Anyway they remind me of the phones that were designed especially by Evisu with the logos all over it. :heart:

I'm sorry, that is the tackiest of the tacky. Not only is it fake, but it is also ostentatious, and trashy. It looks like something a hooker on 8th avenue would use. Sorry, thats just my opinion.

it's not for me, but if you really want that look, it would be such a pain in the **** to try to make one. i'd just buy one off ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"