Magazine Posting Etiquette *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Estella*, Aug 13, 2005.

1. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

no---that would not get deleted...i cannot even imagine how you would find that info...
    frankly- it's amazing that you can even find the name of the photographer in most of those cases...
    :P

2. blueorchid

blueorchid you soft and only

I just noticed that credits for new-ish editorials can be found here if you search for it. Now that I found this I am a bit less apprehensive about posting all the credits. I mean the way some magazines credit is just annoying when they have the hairstylist credited on one page and then the fashion editor credited 3 pages later.

3. cottonmouth13

cottonmouth13 Well-Known Member

Let me see if I got it right.

If I post an old editorial and the only info. I have are the photographer, stylist, and model or a group of models, does it mean that my post won't be deleted but instead, I'll just ask someone a favor to help me credit the other ones who are involved in the shoot like the hair stylist, make-up artist, manicurist, etc.?

4. burbuja8910

burbuja8910 Well-Known Member

^For example the eds of 60's & 70's the credits are the model & photographer, in the 80's start to include on the stories of eds as well the model & photographer, the hair & makeup stylist and the fashion editor.

And comeback to the case of posting all the credits of the ed, i check out than many hair & makeup artists doesn't have their own thread on this forum, that's makes sense than can't post the eds with respective thread.

5. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

yes-
    that's all true---

this credit guideline mostly applies to current issues - from the last 10 years or so- where the credits are more readily available...

for example-
    *the current issue of W mag Sept 2011---
    there is no problem finding those credits and so they should all be posted...

as i said in a previous post...
    we know it is harder to find credits for older editorials so we can be more relaxed in that area...so you shouldn't be overly concerned about these things---
    we all know how this works, and we know when it is difficult to find credits and when someone just isn't bothering to post them...

here is a another good way to get help from other members if you can't find credits...
    http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f7...e-see-rules-post-1-before-posting-100205.html

thanks!

6. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

Hello Everyone,

Yes, we would like to have credits... but please don't worry that your posts will be deleted if you don't have them all. Also, we don't expect you to have to search other websites to obtain credits that aren't available from what you are posting.

If you post HQ and preview images, sometimes there aren't any credits available at all. We can add them later, the same as we do when you post a new thread with a cover and we don't know the model/photographer yet. You guys always come through with the info and we then add it to the thread title.

So to sum it up...

1. No posts are going to be deleted if they don't have all the credits: Photographer, Model, Stylist, Hair, Makeup, etc. Just post what you have.

2. You can post LQ or HQ images if they have no credits. We will add them to the thread when they become available. It's possible some of the mods can even edit the original post and add them.

3. You can continue to post LQ and then later post HQ images of the same editorial. It won't be deleted as a repost.

4. You can post 10 images per post or 15 thumbnails. 15 thumbnails is the max. Most editorials only have 6, 8, 10 or 12 pages, so this shouldn't be a problem. You all know how to break them up if they have more.

5. Please credit your image source correctly, and don't post direct links to images. Otherwise you do risk having your posts deleted.

Here are direct links to the forum rules that apply to posting images for those that are new or need a refresher.

Crediting Rules

Rules for Hosting Nude Images

We appreciate and thank you for the time and effort it takes to scan, snapshot or search the internet for editorial images. It's your contributions that help to make this forum the success that it is.

If you have any questions please post them here or let myself or another moderator know via PM and we'll be happy to help.

7. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

^ Thank you so much MMA for the update. :flower:

8. nyc_art_style

nyc_art_style Well-Known Member

Can we please start reenforcing the rule that people must post full credits when posting an editorial? At least when it comes to photographers, stylists, and models?

This is a fashion forum, but yet people leave out styling credits. It baffles me.

9. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

^I second.

10. Papatt

Papatt New Member

11. AFWQ

AFWQ Active Member

I didn't know you had to give credit on the posts, but I just posted one about Maxima Portugal and got delete it. I gave credit to where I found it.

We cannot add photos where previous delete by accounts on instagram?

Or there are a number of magazines that are allowed in this forum?

12. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

13. Gurminder

Gurminder New Member

Is there a section we can post requests for certain issues? I can't find a place where users can ask about magazines they are looking for and perhaps people who can help them out or even sell issues they are not looking to keep anymore. Thanks.