Maggie Cheung

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
another actress i admire for her grace and independent air is maggie cheung...here are some beautiful shots from i-D magazine, sorry the quality is not too nice since i scanned them poorly:blush:

i´ll see if i find some more...

does anyone else like her?

she WEARS clothes so well...think of in the mood for love!

i forgot who the photographer is but i will look it up
meadow.jpg

...sorry i made them so small but i don´t want to eat up my photobucket account:innocent:
dschunke.jpg

She was absolutely stunning in In the Mood for Love. I loved the strictness of her cheongsams and the grace with which she wore them. She is so elegant and beautiful. She is definitely a person who wears clothing well. She has a certain substance behind her beauty which really makes her stand out.

snickerdoodles said:
She was absolutely stunning in In the Mood for Love. I loved the strictness of her cheongsams and the grace with which she wore them. She is so elegant and beautiful. She is definitely a person who wears clothing well. She has a certain substance behind her beauty which really makes her stand out.
absolutely! i could watch in the mood for love over and over (in fact i do)...have you seen 2046 yet? i´m dying to see it! she only has a guest appearance in it though...

I loved Maggie Cheung for In The Mood For Love..the setting and costumes were divine.
I've seen 2046 as well...loved it! I even liked the way Zhang Ziyi looked and dressed as well..so polished and beautiful.:heart: :heart:

vintage_princess said:
I loved Maggie Cheung for In The Mood For Love..the setting and costumes were divine.
I've seen 2046 as well...loved it! I even liked the way Zhang Ziyi looked and dressed as well..so polished and beautiful.:heart: :heart:
Ditto. But Maggie Cheung's cameo in 2046 is just a few seconds.

I think Maggie gets better as she ages. She sure has come a long way since her humble beginnings as a runner-up in the Miss Hong Kong pageant in the 80's. I used to think she was over-rated when she was acting in Hong Kong, then she did "Irma Vep" and I was won over. I can't wait to see her latest film "Clean" in which she plays a junkie/rock widow seeking custody of her child.

Fawn said:
Ditto. But Maggie Cheung's cameo in 2046 is just a few seconds.

I think Maggie gets better as she ages. She sure has come a long way since her humble beginnings as a runner-up in the Miss Hong Kong pageant in the 80's. I used to think she was over-rated when she was acting in Hong Kong, then she did "Irma Vep" and I was won over. I can't wait to see her latest film "Clean" in which she plays a junkie/rock widow seeking custody of her child.
heres a pic of Maggie from 2046 :flower:

Attachments

• 040815jm.jpg
    040815jm.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 60
hi anna, do ou have a bigger version for the last picture you have attached? i love it soooooooo much!!!!!!

the setting and the costume in 2046 was sooo beautiful...........being a chinese i used to think those were very ummm "old" when i was a kid.... :blush:
though i never really liked maggie cheung...

phoebep said:
hi anna, do ou have a bigger version for the last picture you have attached? i love it soooooooo much!!!!!!
i´ll see what i can do...might have to scan it again:flower:

o and the photographer of the first three shots is wing shya...from the new dawn issue of i-D (containing great asian fashion).the red dress is christian dior, the skirt she wears on the boat is by moschino and the skirt she wears on the grass is prada.

Some movie images from Clean, Hero, and In the Mood for Love.

Attachments

• clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 16
  • toque.jpg
    toque.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 13
  • hero.jpg
    hero.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 751
  • mood.jpg
    mood.jpg