Maison Margiela Artisanal F/W 2018.19 Paris

All I know is I if I was a stylist I would be pushing this collection until the sun comes down. A fashion student friend of mine said that the sheer over feathers thing has been done by D&G before, and I nearly fainted. Lol. The blasphemy to mention Margiela in the same breath as D&G!

All I know is I if I was a stylist I would be pushing this collection until the sun comes down. A fashion student friend of mine said that the sheer over feathers thing has been done by D&G before, and I nearly fainted. Lol. The blasphemy to mention Margiela in the same breath as D&G!

^^^ You’re so dramatic LOOOOL

Believe it or not, Dolce were actually not only skilled as killer tailors, but they possessed that slick prowess, that knack for innovative, progressive design theories and concepts once upon a time— from the mid-90s to the mid-2000s. It’s true. And their campaigns were as visually orgasmic as their deigns were directionally a new proposal of sexy, with their ability to cast the right faces and captured by unleashed creativity of their chosen visionary. That golden era of high fashion owned quite a bit to Dolce.

There’s so much creativity invested in every single look here, it’s such pleasure to go through— and get lost in this collection. You need to study the details to further appreciate John’s designs in every single look… Such a rare den’s worth of high fashion goodness. They don't make them like this anymore these days.

^^^ You’re so dramatic LOOOOL

Believe it or not, Dolce were actually not only skilled as killer tailors, but they possessed that slick prowess, that knack for innovative, progressive design theories and concepts once upon a time— from the mid-90s to the mid-2000s. It’s true. And their campaigns were as visually orgasmic as their deigns were directionally a new proposal of sexy, with their ability to cast the right faces and captured by unleashed creativity of their chosen visionary. That golden era of high fashion owned quite a bit to Dolce.

There’s so much creativity invested in every single look here, it’s such pleasure to go through— and get lost in this collection. You need to study the details to further appreciate John’s designs in every single look… Such a rare den’s worth of high fashion goodness. They don't make them like this anymore these days.

Fascinating, as always. But my complaint still holds - I really would like to see at least 5 or so strong, but totally believable and wearable looks thrown into the mix. I understand that John uses Couture here as the laboratory, to be filtered down into the RTW...and that that’s where the product to wear lies, but I can’t help but that feel that aesthetically and conceptually the eye needs a relief and an anchor in these collections. There’s so much here that is interesting, complicated, strange, beautiful, compelling...but when every look has the same impact, ultimately, the sum total ends up one-note. I’m missing an arch and an element of reality here. By just by adding 5 or so believable looks for relief and contrast, I think the conceptual work would really sing.

I agree with you on that, but as John states "It's the undiluted, essence, the perfume of a collection".

Fascinating, as always. But my complaint still holds - I really would like to see at least 5 or so strong, but totally believable and wearable looks thrown into the mix. I understand that John uses Couture here as the laboratory, to be filtered down into the RTW...and that that’s where the product to wear lies, but I can’t help but that feel that aesthetically and conceptually the eye needs a relief and an anchor in these collections. There’s so much here that is interesting, complicated, strange, beautiful, compelling...but when every look has the same impact, ultimately, the sum total ends up one-note. I’m missing an arch and an element of reality here. By just by adding 5 or so believable looks for relief and contrast, I think the conceptual work would really sing.

I agree with you on that, but as John states "It's the undiluted, essence, the perfume of a collection".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->