Maison Margiela Artisanal Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

I’m personally happy with how things turned out. We get the fantasy from the artisanal and the seasonal shows. At the same time, JG is clever enough and is surrounded by a good team to translate these ideas into beautiful and interesting products in the stores.

If one craves the more “minimalistic” margiela, the mm6 team is doing a bangin job carrying that to 2024 - it’s just too bad that mm6 is not as widely distributed.

The more I think about this, one very easy way to make this collection "more Margiela" is, perhaps, with some tattoo-embroidered (Lesage embroidery in particular), long sleeve mesh tops.

This effect would have been particularly striking on looks 17, 18, and 18.
The easiest way to make it Margiela would have been to change the styling. Remove the dramatic Louboutin heels, loose the « Les incroyables » and « poupées » make up and hair and loose the « Kardashian BBL body suits »…
But then again, maybe it wouldn’t have the same impact even if with a genius like John, the message would have been loud and clear still.

J'ADORE!!! :wub::clap: It really does take you back to his collections from the early aughts.

My only gripe is this would've been his perfect opportunity to cast seasoned and veteran models but I'm not sure if those girls were even in Paris, or if his team could afford them. Some of the models cast here had zero conviction in what they were doing, it was kinda painful to watch. :judge:

Other than that everything in this show was perfect. Bravo! :heart:^_^

My only gripe is this would've been his perfect opportunity to cast seasoned and veteran models but I'm not sure if those girls were even in Paris, or if his team could afford them. Some of the models cast here had zero conviction in what they were doing, it was kinda painful to watch.
massively agree

Horrible show. America’s next drag race
And what's wrong with a little drag in fashion? If someone is going to execute something within that realm, at least have the talent to back it up and JG most definitely does. Are we forgetting who he is???

Like many said, that was what so many of us had been missing for so long: a jaw-dropping moment. A spectacle that did not feel forced, or some weak distraction to sell you a handbag. It gave you a story, shaped by a strong creative point of view.

In the end, this is what a Couture show should be. An immersion into a fantasy world showcasing peak creativity from all involved: the designer of course, but also hair, makeup, set, and of course the models. I don't know if they hired a movement director for this, or if they were really good at casting but kuddos to them for having brought these characters to life so well.

The brand was somehow eclipsed, but I honestly don't mind when couturiers à la JG have become almost extinct. And to be fair, he made MMM the Galliano show from the moment he joined.

My only gripe is this would've been his perfect opportunity to cast seasoned and veteran models but I'm not sure if those girls were even in Paris, or if his team could afford them. Some of the models cast here had zero conviction in what they were doing, it was kinda painful to watch. :judge:
I believe that quite a few of his regular from his Dior days walked for Schiaparelli this season, including Karlie Kloss.

And what's wrong with a little drag in fashion? If someone is going to execute something within that realm, at least have the talent to back it up and JG most definitely does. Are we forgetting who he is???
It's an antiquated vision of women. That's my main problem with it. Just as John Galliano's fashion was always antiquated and old. I don't like it , never have, never will. Prefer modern approach to things. But I understand if you do...

everyone in the industry and on twitter is going batshit over this collection, which surprises me a little. but good for john, honestly; he deserves all the validation and praise, even if i'm not a fan of this show. i hope it leads to some negotiations

Mullet, come quick: This is the fashion discussion you’re been lamenting has all but disappeared from TFS LOL
Stendhal Syndrome around Galliano has been alive and well since the inception of this place in 2002 lol. But I'll check out the video at some point this weekend.. my friend texted me yesterday asking me why this is all over her feed, so I came to this thread, my algorithm somehow knows how to keep Margiela shows at bay (if I have to see any more 'fierce' walks...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->