Makeup for Oily / Shiny Skin

Jacaranda

Reaction score
I´ve just done a peeling and i need a soft non-oily make up for my skin, now is so red... The dermatologist tell me i can use one while my face is getting well. Thank you , and sorry for my english, i´m from madrid...

I would recommend using any foundation with anti-aging properties. They are typically really moisturizing - just check the ingredients to make sure the one you buy is oil-free.

I'm looking for a face powder that goes on fairly transclucent and just absorbs the oil/shine on your face.

I've tried Benefit's Get Even and Clinique's Stay Matte Pressed Powder and although they both do get rid of shine, I don't like how they add noticeable color and coverage to your face. I'm just looking for something light (no color or sheer) that goes on and just absorbs the oil and shine.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Dr. Feelgood by Benefit is suppossed to do that... its like a mattifying type thingy. My friend jill uses it daily, but I dont have a oil problem... so I never tried it.

MAC Blot is the best. Two thumbs way up!

I've never tried Dr. Feelgood, but I have heard its praises sung many a time. It's a balm that gets rid of shine.

I am a big fan of blotting sheets (any brand) just for getting rid of shine, then I just put on a little Blot if I feel the need - very sheer and natural and combats shine.

The other day, I was accosted in Barney's NYC by this pushy makeup salesguy, who practically tied me down to the chair and applied T. LeClerc pressed powder on me...

I have to say, I'm pretty glad he did :blush: (although, I wish he were cuter)

My face is pretty oily, even when I wash, powder and matte-ify in the morning; when mid-day rolls around, my face is pretty greasy like an oilslick :cry:

So when I looked in the mirror with this glorious powder, there was my face, in all it's un-oily but glowy healthy glory, and I liked what I saw :D

Needless to day, I was convinced to buy it. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. From what I learned, it's made from rice powder, so it's really absorbent, but it does not cake over and make you look "fake" -- don't you just hate that! I never leave home without it now.

Jurlique Silk Dust... amazing for controlling oily skin and only $20 in australia :D

I use mac select sheer

i think its v.good, i don't have very oily skin, but i have a rather shiny nose and it gets rid of the shine - its very good and a good price too so you can't complain.

My fave is Lancôme's translucide Poudre Majeur Excellence Libre. Perfect for a luminous natural looking finish.

I've heard of "mattifying oils" from someone, but have no idea of the name or brand. They swore it was the best for simply removing shine without a heavy feel. Does this Dr. Feelgood stuff work into your skin heavily? My best friend's birthday is coming up, and I'm looking for a product to include with her gift. She refers to her face as "the oilslick," so whatever I get has to be very long lasting. All the powders she's tried only work for the first hour or two.

MAC Blot is great, but NYC pressed powder is a good knock-off.

URGENT: need shine control help!

ok I know there are already several threads on oily skin but this is urgent, I need help ASAP

I just found out that I"ve been chosen to be on this reality show/documentary. YAY! But I have super shiny skin that looks horrible on film. I saw my friend's wedding home movie and in the beginning I looked fine but as the night goes on I ended up looking very wet/greasy with leathery shiny skin. EWW this is not the way I want to be seen on tv!

since there will be cameras taping 24/7 I can't powder my nose everyfew hours and constantly checking my makeup. I don't want to be known as the vain one

there are just so many mattifiers out there that I don't know which one to use.

T-matte from chanel
matte by Mac
shine control gel by makeupforever
Tzone control by Shisheido

has anyone used the above products, give me some feedback please

I've tried the instant perfecter pore minimizer by clinique that so many people raved about on this board and i LOVED it when I first put it on my face, but after a 3-4 hours my nose and the area around it got really oily again and you can actually see little beads of sweat/oil coming out of the pores on my nose. EW. Is the T-zone control from the clinqiue line better?

or does anyone else have any other suggestions? I need to stay looking fresh for as long as possible.

thanks for you help.

Oh and I just bought this adrien arpel porcelin skin coverbase thing on line, waht exactly does it do? will it help me stay matte?

First, I would dircet you to makeupalley.com and read the reviews for the products you have listed above(if you haven't already).

Actually I was thinking of posting this question myself last night. :flower:

Milk of Magnesia. Get the original formula and apply it to your face w/ a cotton ball, then rinse when dry. It sounds strange, but it works. I read about it on a thread here and I did a google search that yielded tons of info. It can be a bit difficult to rinse off though...that's the only problem I encountered. Also, apparently some people wear it underneath their make up by diluting it with water and applying a thin layer to the skin first. Good luck!

Oily Skin Unite!

alrighty, it's over. I wanna know what make-up you gals/guys use for your oily complexion?

At the moment i use bare minerals foundation (which if reccomended to a more natural, won't make me look all dewy and lasts long make-up, i will switch! ) along with the occasional mac concealor and i'm out the door (then again, i'm a guy so i don't really like to shove tons of colors upon my lids etc, but if i go clubbing. then.)

anyways!

Oily Skin!!

Discuss! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ALaFramboise said:
alrighty, it's over. I wanna know what make-up you gals/guys use for your oily complexion?

At the moment i use bare minerals foundation (which if reccomended to a more natural, won't make me look all dewy and lasts long make-up, i will switch! ) along with the occasional mac concealor and i'm out the door (then again, i'm a guy so i don't really like to shove tons of colors upon my lids etc, but if i go clubbing. then.)

anyways!

Oily Skin!!

Discuss! :D

Merged with existing "oily skin make up" thread. Please use the search function prior to posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->