Malaysia Shopping

ingenue

Reaction score
Im being sent down to malaysia for a fashion story
ive only been to Kuala Lumpur once so i havent had the chance to fully explore the shopping areas that KL has to offer.
Now i will be needing all the info i can get.
good places to shop, good places to eat, and great nightspots as well as sights to see that i shouldnt miss.

Can anyone recommend shops where they sell 2nd hand authentic designer items? (like the many consigned designer places in london, etc). i will need to scour through those places.

need info info info. anyone please. thanks :blush:

Ah! My hometown! I can't believe you are going there!

Good places to shop:

Generic shopping stuff: Suria KLCC, Mid Valley Megamall, Sungei Wang, Starhill Shopping Center
Souveneirs, the like: Central Market (completely overpriced but they have some really nice items), ASEANA at Suria KLCC (even more overpriced than the former if that were possible)
Crazy completely legal black market: Petaling Street (be warned, get a local with you and haggle everything down to AT LEAST 50% off it's original price)

Best place to eat: Honestly, the best food items are usually not found in the usual high end eateries. To get some good authentic food you have to go to the hawker places, the little nooks. Ask the local of the area and they can probably tell you. Ask where you can get the best "ice kacang" (red beans, jelly, a lot of oddments covered with ice, syrup, rose water and some kind of black sugar. Doesn't sound appetizing but it's really good). Chicken rice, satay, roti canai, teh tarik (a type of tea which they "pull" hence "tarik" several times).

You cannot leave without something from Royal Selangor Pewter. Our local fashion designers: Edmund Ser, Sonny San, East India, British India and maybe Zang Toi. I can't remember if he closed his store already or not but you can ask.

You must see: the Twin Towers, eat at the revolving restaurant, go to the KL Tower, eat with your hands, and sit on the LRT.

I know there is more I should say but it's late so as I remember I'll let you know

Keep an eye on your purse at all times.

Malaysia Year End Sale 2005

If you happened to be in Kuala Lumpur or any part of Malaysia, do not miss the chance to practice the art of shopping by joining the crowd at Malaysia Year End Sale 2005 :woot: .

Retailers participating:

• Giorgio Armani
  • Emporio Armani
  • Armani Exchange
  • Mulberry
  • Paul Smith
  • DKNY
  • Calvin Klein
  • Isetan
  • Belle*
  • Gucci*
  • Tods*
  • Parkson Grand
  • Metrojaya
  • Liz Claiborne*
  • Hugo Boss*
  • Aigner*
and lots more... Discounts are up to 70%:buzz: .

* to be confirm.

Dior reopened KL store

Last month, KL fashion scene saw the reopening of Dior's revamped flagship store. Modeled after the Hong Kong and Tokyo megastore, the store's floorspace has been expanded to 3000 sqft. to give its customer much more comfort and space. To celebrate the event, fashionistas and socialites were invited to the event and as a bonus, actress Michelle Reis was flown in by Dior from Hong Kong to join the celebration. Also present were Dior reps from around Asia. Also at the event was Dior Fine Jewellery exhibition which features haute joaillerie collection crafted by Dior chief jeweller Victoire de Castellane. The Fine Jewellery will be made available to Malaysian market in the near future.

A Kite for Louis Vuitton KL

Next month, KL will witness another reopening. It's the Louis Vuitton flagship store reopening. A grand event has been plan to celebrate the event and to commemorate it, Louis Vuitton is offering LV fans a limited edition kite charm. The charm will be shaped after traditional Malaysian kite called Wau and is available in limited number. Interested LV fans can start jet down to KL and secure that kite charm!

pump the topic. I will be in KL in a month, hopefully will find UK brands store overthere. I especially in love with:
- Zara
- Topshop
- Braun Buffel (wallet and handbag)

Have anyone been to these shops in KL ???

Hey guys

I'm going to KL in december and really looking for good quality reps of Alexander Wang shoes (freja/natasha) and bags.

Also jimmy choo bags.

tips would be appreciated on where to shop :flower:

Also being xmas time would prices be higher or lower than normal? Everyone is telling me that i'm going to "go crazy" but I guess I wont know till i get there lol. Worried there is too much to see/buy and not enough time :blush:

hit those local megamalls for xmas shopping. it does get a bit crazy when armani had 70% discount sales last year but sale items tend to be very generic and boring. i'm not sure if you can get wang's in malaysia but if there is, it would be a small selection at boutiques in klcc. but zara and topshop are cheap cheap cheap.

-for designer stuff, you can go to klcc or pavillion which is nearby to klcc. they have big zara and very crowded topshop there. check out the gardens as well.
-for crazy cheap streetstyle items, sungai wang rooftop floor.but there's a pretty good vintage 2nd hand shop at sungai wang called buntil and i found a cheap vintage balmain scarf there! but you have to really scour for the good stuff, the shop is too small and mainly for men.
-for authentic vintage designer bags, there's a small shop at central market with 80s chanel, ysl etc. knock offs are at china town just down from central market. awesome chinese food !
-and of course, you have to go to bangsar! they have a lot of boutiques that store local designers stuff.

i hope these helps :smile:

Thank you hanic! Thats really helpful, I love vintage stuff too!

So excited, counting down the days :smile:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->