Osman Yousefzada S/S 08 London

SomethingElse

Press escape to continue.
Reaction score
4xzhsee.png
66907i9.png

The Designer: Since Osman began his label in Sept 2005 he has built an enthusiastic fan base for his modern, chic and wearable collections. Selfridges, Vogue and Elle have been great supporters to this young designer who after Cambridge and a stint in The City finally followed his passion for fashion and studied design at Central Saint Martin’s. He has shown off-schedule for the past four seasons and is a welcome addition to the LFW schedule.

The Collections: His clothes shout beautifully constructed and timelessly clean lines with a distinctly directional edge. His flattering glamorous shapes incorporate precise tailoring with softly sensuous draping. He makes light references throughout his collections to ethnic styles and historical costume. But never forgetting the very real, stylish woman he wants to dress.

News: First show on the London Fashion Week official schedule. Recent trunk shows at Soho House in London and in LA with support from American Elle.

International high street brand MANGO are pleased to announce the sponsorship of the Osman Yousefzada Spring/Summer '08 show during London

Fashion Week: This will be Osman's first on-schedule show and will take place at the MANGO flagship store at 250 Oxford Street, W1 on Thursday 20th September at 9.30 a.m. To further the association, Osman will design an exclusive limited edition "Little Black Dress" collection for MANGO which will be available in store next season.

Instant View: Selfridges and Liberty in London; Linda Dresner, Fred Segal, Des Kohan and Saks Fifth Avenue in the USA; Podium in Moscow.

nymag.com

"Osman will design an exclusive limited edition "Little Black Dress" collection for MANGO which will be available in store next season." I'm looking forward to that---always could use a great little black dress.

As far as what I'm seeing so far, I'm not sure about the bandaged looking legs as something I would wear. Sign a cast anyone?

Apart from the blue skirt and red dress, this is a pretty neat collection but not liking the models in barefoot... for god's sake get some heels on!!!

4qhrpk9.png
66t9t1h.png

5y2kv1u.png
52w671u.png

6g01buo.png
62qhnwz.png

londonfashionweek.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
4tfvy1e.png
662yl41.png

61lxowo.png
4qf5f0w.png

632b4ec.png
6hd722v.png

londonfashionweek.co.uk

loving this collection, but my word, there are some ugly feet on those models...

This is interesting! I like some of the pieces and accessories :flower:

I actually like the bare feet...:ninja: Hate the legwarmers though.

I love the metal pieces on the dresses and some of the striping. I love the cagey skirts and that white turtleneck minidress. Very cute.

i actually think most fashions look better in normal women than models. just imagine what a woman with shapely figure could do to those corset inspired tops and tulip-esque skirts. reminds me of margiela. i met osman before. he is sucha sweet heart.

I love the horizontal patterned hoop dresses...especially the black one.

The shapes and the accessories are quite interesting, and that's why I like it.

I see distinct Egyptian motifs like the Azure blue, whites, gold filigree and stiff linear constructions. Even the warmers are reminiscent of leg wrapping as are the bare feet.

Interesting and personal.

^ Yes, I think you're right - definitely an Ancient Egyptian influence here.

I'm left a bit cold, though, TBH. :blink:

If one wanted a lesson in how to make Ancient Egyptian look boring (which, can I just say, is no mean feat!), this is probably it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->