Marc Jacobs Doesn't Pay His Models For Their Work

it was the campaign that Meisel shot, and I dont know of any campaign that he shoots that pays well. That Miu Miu Resort campaign with the big name girls :innocent:

another honest answer:
And do they give you a lot of stuff after the shows? Yes, in New York. There it exists something that's called "trade", where a percent of your payment it's payed in clothing. Personally i would preffer if they would give me the whole salary, because i don't necessarily want to use it in buying clothes. I want the money more than anything to save it for later and for travelling.
Lieve dannau

imo, i find the whole thing quite annoying and humbling for models. certainly, there are no laws¿? which protect models rights. Unfair!!!

I remember reading an interview years ago that Frankie Rayder said that she does trade with Marc Jacobs and she got shoes that hurt her feet. Just recently Jessica Stam said that before when she worked for him doing LV they use to get a nice purse, but now he gives them socks and they're not even cashmere.

Here is the article, correction he use to give fur jackets but now they get socks that aren't cashmere.

http://fashionista.com/2013/02/models-tell-us-the-best-swag-i-ever-received/4/

and here is the most recent article regarding trade:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...thes-not-cash-but-that-might-be-changing.html

i imagine that models when they complete their job get their voucher signed by the client, but if they know they're getting socks who's going to show up to collect that kind of stuff right?

I've heard of a bread line but a socks line?

aint nobody got time for designer socks

The mere existence of designer socks is somewhat ridiculous (SERIOUSLY? They go on your feet. NO ONE will see them unless you take off your shoes, and I highly doubt the quality of socks makes a noticeable difference), but using them as payment? :rolleyes: That's one step away from paying models with "designer gum".

Although that's a fitting metaphor for the "quality" of the models...In the mid-2000s, the models were MJ bags. Now, they're just socks.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was the campaign that Meisel shot, and I dont know of any campaign that he shoots that pays well. That Miu Miu Resort campaign with the big name girls :innocent:

I always thought Prada/Miu Miu campaigns paid really well. Remember reading time ago that Gemma got 100k for her Prada campaign back in 2003-04. I guess I was wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

I always thought Prada/Miu Miu campaigns paid really well. Remember reading time ago that Gemma got 100k for her Prada campaign back in 2003-04. I guess I was wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gemma? Thought it was Sasha who did Prada??

Good Lord, socks ... :rolleyes:

Marc should ask his boyfriend how paying models with the clothes they wore would go over in his former business :rofl:

That's just crazy! models don't get paid well for doing runway, editorial, and now not even for campaigns? supposely campaigns is where the modes makes the money. :doh::cry:

I do remember Sara Ziff showing how much she got paid for a Marc Jacobs campaign. :unsure:

Gisele was paid A$300K pl,us two fur coats for a Blackglama fur campaign. Gisele was so business savvy to at the top of the world. she only got the best compensation unlike any other models but that just Gisele because she' the top model in the entire world.

I'm quite sure in her early days she was paid in trade, just like any new struggling model, or apparently any successful model who isn't Gisele. I'm utterly shocked about the socks and for a model like Stam.

Gemma? Thought it was Sasha who did Prada??

Good Lord, socks ... :rolleyes:

Marc should ask his boyfriend how paying models with the clothes they wore would go over in his former business :rofl:

Gemma did Prada spring 04 and fall 04.
Sasha was the face of Prada from fall 2005 to spring 2008 :smile: and then comeback in 2012 for resort, spring 13 and now I hope fall 13 ads.
Posted via Mobile Device

If a new face is a worldwide exclusive for a brand (eg LV or Burberry) would she be paid in money or trade?

If a new face is a worldwide exclusive for a brand (eg LV or Burberry) would she be paid in money or trade?

money!

paying models in trade is pretty much a NY thing. no agent would let a model walk a show for trade in london, milan or paris.
it's actually illegal in paris and government is really strict over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->