Marc Jacobs F/W 2018.19 by Steven Meisel

campaign isn't bad at all but something feels a bit outdated and they could have been more conceptual...like dog walking isn't what I had in mind:neutral:

vogue italia july 2012, nothing else to say (love it)

I kinda like these Doberman-owning women doing dog training together in their panic room. It's like a weird sort of doomsday prepping. They might be fashion victims - but they're ready to be the master of whatever else comes their way.

Marc Jacobs FW 2018 Ad Campaign by Steven Meisel

Stylist: Katie Eleanor Grand
Hair: Guido Palau
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Models: Rianne Van Rompaey, Nika Cole, Veronika Vilim, Sarah Abney, Hannah Shakespeare, Remington Williams, Sara Soric, Song Hwa Oh, Anya Lyagoshina and Unknown

twitter.com/themarcjacobs

They should have hired supermodels. These girls aren't strong or interesting enough to pull of this look. Besides the models, I like everything else. It's just a case of miscasting.

Agreed- they don't command the shot like they should. Although nice to see some new faces there are plenty of other new-er faces that would've made this campaign next level.

I want to loooove this campaign but the clothes just make it impossible to.
I mean, fashion is supposed to be aspirational, political, glamorous...No matter what but this feels so removed from everything.
We get the references but seriously, who are those clothes for? Who is the MJ woman?

The second shot looks great, stunning even. There's clarity coupled with solid composition chops. I can't get behind the rest of the shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->