Marc Jacobs F/W 2024.25 New York

Is the first look is an homage to John Galliano’s “Clam” Dress from SS88, or is that too much of a stretch?

source: johngallianofashionawareness.wordpress.com

IMG_0163.jpeg

I love the irony of him put Alex Wek (previous Chanel bride) carrying a matelasse bag (Chanel code) amidst rumors of him taking over the house

Some of the silhouettes are reminding me of Loewe Polly Pocket dresses. Anyone else?

It’s kind of a pity the clothes weren’t shown in a better venue. The budget has definitely decreased from Fall 2014 when they had hundreds of prop clouds.

It’s weird that they’re an LVMH brand, and younger brands like Khaite and Ulla Johnson have more elaborate sets and venues.

I hate the strategy behind his current collection business and the results it yields. There are clothes designed for social media, bringing together the worst of Rei Kawakubo and Miuccia Prada in one bastard result. On top of that, I feel the success of his business is more and more relying on his extravagent persona.

Say what you want about Galliano but I think a bit of his humility would suit Marc Jacobs, too. The very thought of him becoming the next creative director at Chanel gives me the shivers if I just think of how much it would feed his already huge ego...

I wonder how involved Marc these days with the commercial collection, bags, and marketing. I get the feeling he mostly works on the runway collections, not involved with marketing, loosely involved with commercial collection, stays in Connecticut, and gets his nails done.

I thought the first look was Marilyn Monroe with the air blowing from the air vent lifting the dress. Then there's Minnie and the Disney Princesses at the end.

Saying it like that it shouldn't work, but I love it. Obvious influences/references you can see, sure, but it looks cohesive to my eyes. Fun, lively and a delight to view. Is it a bit drag-y? I don't mind it.

I love it. the volumes, the cut, inspiration, the styling. it all works perfectly!

Marc should be indeed at the helm of a big house, but I would love him to overtake Dior rather than Chanel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaschoolshooter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->