Marc Jacobs F/W 2024.25 New York

The top half of the collection is good because it has that RTW, kind of desirable quality to it. The bottom part is a bit cartoonish, perfect for celebrities who wants to be aknowledged as Fashion Icons thanks to the work of their stylists.

If the brand is still living in the vacuum of Bergdorf, I’m not interested.

It’s insane to think that there are probably very very few people who buys Marc Jacobs RTW.
Is the first look is an homage to John Galliano’s “Clam” Dress from SS88, or is that too much of a stretch?

source: johngallianofashionawareness.wordpress.com

View attachment 1283462
It is a stretch….

I love it. the volumes, the cut, inspiration, the styling. it all works perfectly!

Marc should be indeed at the helm of a big house, but I would love him to overtake Dior rather than Chanel.
Love the collection as well but personally I like where he is at this moment of time.

Many of these look like Comme de Garcon rejects, but at least around the 2007 period, he would have styled it differently.

I don’t think this 'phrase 4' is working for him. He is lost for the past few years. Maybe take a break, skip a few years and come back with fresh ideas.
Agree. The styling is so off.

I love a few looks - in particular Vanessa Moody's Minnie skirt and black blouse, and I also kinda like the Olive Oyl blue and red look...but the styling is so obnoxious.

Would have loved to have seen this with sort of messy, sexy bed head hair, and a chic little Marc Jacobs mary jane pump or or something like that instead of all these ridiculous shoes and the silly eye masks. That would have been like good ol' Marc back in the heyday.

Anyway, whatever...Marc is so off the pulse these days. I can't handle him and his nails and his spray painted beard and lacquered hair...it's creepy.

Marc's moodboard:

- Maison Martin Margiela, A/W 2000–2001.
- Comme des Garçons, “Body meets dress, dress meets body,” spring-summer 1997
- Cosplay costumes of Disney Princesses
- The wardrobe of Miuccia Prada (especially the colors and skirts)
- Lady Gaga in the 2D Comme des Garçons Dress
- Prada S/S 2021
- Minnie Mouse Costume
- Moschino Clown Collection S/S 2019
- Shelley Duval as Olive Oyl
- Christmas Elf Shoes
- Rihanna with Valentino Fake Lashes Sunglasses at the Met Gala 2023

528f74f4a0641366809a8f88e2d5936a52-game-changers-7.w710 Kopie.jpg Kopie.jpgmmm2000.jpgOhne Titel.jpgd1d4cad93e5bd6fcf94b2f9652c328e823-game-changers-8.w710.jpg Kopie.jpgtumblr_79251227eaf7be33327cd92ee1950fc3_221aca08_1280.jpgs-l960.jpgMOSCHINO-32-620x865.jpgPrada ss2021.jpgpost-d7557b866d193895273d7820f75bcb282e17a451b7636bae54dde68e Kopie.jpg
il_1140xN.929287455_btg2 Kopie.jpg Kopie.jpgs-l960-1.jpg
91jFFNwpwYL._AC_UY900_.jpgrihanna met gala 2023.jpg

etsy, ebay, vestiaire collective, pinterest, maisondegaga, vogue, stylight.at, the cut, amazon, visionplusmag

It’s fine. It’s there. It’s also JW levels of repetition but this will also keep his name in the designer switch around rumor mills, especially with all the social media critics.

I just don’t see the point of it though. Both the collection and the presentation. It’s all an exercise for something, but there’s little reasoning to it because few (if any) buy this so it ends up existing purely as “content” for the most part. Oh well. He’s living his best lacquered high rise Little Edie goes to the bodega and gets their nails done fantasy I guess.

Would Sofia Coppola wear this?
Would Winona Ryder wear this?
Would Dakota Fanning wear this?
Would Christina Ricci wear this?
Would Debi Mazar/ Juliette Lewis wear this?
Would Venetia Scott wear this?
Would Katie Grand wear this?
Would Annd Wintour wear this?
Would Marc Jacobs wear this himself?

Who is this collection for? It's not ugly, just very confusing as a brand.
I do like that fake Chanel pink bag though, at only 5-10% of what Chanel is retailing at, quite a good replacement

I feel like there's something new here, cosplay as fashion maybe. A light, irreverent downtown attitude to fashion and culture. Put it on like a cheap earring and not worry about losing it.

I totally get that not everyone sees the same, it's more of an overall impression/interpretation for me.

I haven't been following his public persona, or the development of the brand. Does he do talk shows or something? My IG shows me nothing from him usually.

^ I mean, I guess it depends on your social media feeds and recommended stuff because I don’t get much UNTIL yet another accessory campaign for Marc Jacobs happens so for a week it’s a lot then nothing all over again (rinse and repeat cycle).

Certainly see the cosplay, which is why I think it resonates well as fashion content but not really so much as fashion itself. It’s his usual meta affair that he’s been doing for a while, where it’s a caricature of a stereotype that’s attempting a cosplay. Frankly, I find it too much to the point where it ends up offering nothing in the end. It’s shouting, but really to and for nothing. It isn’t to say that it has to say “something” but like a lot of other designers at the moment, this really is just kind of there for the sake of existing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->