Marc Jacobs F/W 2024.25 New York

Marc's moodboard:

- Maison Martin Margiela, A/W 2000–2001.
- Comme des Garçons, “Body meets dress, dress meets body,” spring-summer 1997
- Cosplay costumes of Disney Princesses
- The wardrobe of Miuccia Prada (especially the colors and skirts)
- Lady Gaga in the 2D Comme des Garçons Dress
- Prada S/S 2021
- Minnie Mouse Costume
- Moschino Clown Collection S/S 2019
- Shelley Duval as Olive Oyl
- Christmas Elf Shoes
- Rihanna with Valentino Fake Lashes Sunglasses at the Met Gala 2023

View attachment 1283552View attachment 1283563View attachment 1283564View attachment 1283554View attachment 1283551View attachment 1283558View attachment 1283566View attachment 1283559View attachment 1283560
View attachment 1283557View attachment 1283562
View attachment 1283565View attachment 1283568

etsy, ebay, vestiaire collective, pinterest, maisondegaga, vogue, stylight.at, the cut, amazon, visionplusmag
The first section also had some early Chalayan vibes, don't you think?

Would Sofia Coppola wear this?
Would Winona Ryder wear this?
Would Dakota Fanning wear this?
Would Christina Ricci wear this?
Would Debi Mazar/ Juliette Lewis wear this?
Would Venetia Scott wear this?
Would Katie Grand wear this?
Would Annd Wintour wear this?
Would Marc Jacobs wear this himself?

Who is this collection for? It's not ugly, just very confusing as a brand.
I do like that fake Chanel pink bag though, at only 5-10% of what Chanel is retailing at, quite a good replacement
None of his muses would wear these or anything in the Marc Jacobs shop right now. He’s kind of lost touch with that customer a long time ago. Everyone “grows up” and you either grow up with them, or don’t.

Sofia these days wears Chanel of course, Charvet, and Carhartt.

These days the shows are mostly a branding exercise for the tote bags. And the logo clothes in the shop are for a younger, Gen Z audience.

Bad news is he's lost a lot of his dash at LV (& maybe cash). Good news is he seems interested again in his craft. Last show and these look like Marc is motivated again. Good for him. I like look 6 a lot, and some of his color combos. His runway pictures have their own angle/look a few seasons now, which make them recognizable from the rest. Overall outside of some fashion refs I think it shares an element of twisted humor with contemporary American artists like John Currin, Condo, Urs Fischer, etc. I've learned it's unwise to discard a serious creator the moment they're out of the limelight. If a designer makes a collection like he has something real to say again, I, like one of these poupees, bat my lashes, perk up and listen.

Wat is he saying?
That he likes copying from 60s Courrèges (among others)??
186688347023423597_vjpzmvcs_f.jpg

formidablemag.com/
couv-courreges3.jpg

vogue.fr

What I appreciate here - and overall from Marc - is his genuine interest in fashion, rather than making money of it while acting as if above it, which we've seen from many during the last 10 years. While I don't think he'd be the right one to take over Chanel as some are saying, he obv still has more creative juice in him than some of the names floating around. If Galliano could get Margiela to slowly turn it into his signature line, why wouldn't Marc get another shot at a LVMH-owned brand like Fendi - it would surely be more exiting than what Kim is currently doing + he knows about hit bags.

What an unnecessary tired and old exercise in absolute nothingness, seemingly packaged as “fashion”, and addressed as “joy” - so no haters feel compelled to critique it. Doesnt work like that lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->