Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton : a documentary about the S/S 07 collections

Spike !! You make me want to see it so badly :wub: I hope that I can get it here

The youtube member JensiSoren seems to have uploaded a clip
There are two there. I'm pretty sure at least one of them is part of this DVD ?

I think both of those clips are part of the dvd, the first one is for sure.

Anyway, Amazon.com has the dvd for sale and I'm seriously considering buying it.

I thought this is one the better fashion documentaries i have ever seen, you really got a sense of insight and everything that goes into making the collection.And i never realized how cute and slightly annoying Marc is.^_^

Is this worth buying? I love Marc Jacobs and I completely forgot about this dvd.If it goes down in price at best buy I just might use part of my gift card and get it.

If you love fashion, or are just a huge MJ fan, the yes it's definitely worth it.

Is there a diverse amount of footage? Like backstage, showroom, designing ,sketching, etc.?

It's definetly on my to buy list.

Oh yeah, it basically covers all of the work leading up to the runway shows, as well as backstage at the shows themselves. There's fittings, the styling of the shows, making the sample garments, designing and making some of the runway handbags at Vuitton (you get to see them make that $40,000 collage bag from idea to finished product right before the show). Basically the documentary covers all of the work and stress that goes into putting a collection together.

And in a strange way it offers a bit of insight into why fashion shows are always starting late.

The last line is so Marc Jacobs " le portrait d'un styliste génial qui ne se prend pas au sérieux". A portrait of a genius designer who doesn't take anything too seriously.

the artists that marc met in the documentary are very interesting too, like the polkadot woman in nippon, and the artist who painted that beautiful sofia coppola portrait he has in his studio. it was nice to hear the workers, it was like if they were all a family :smile:

^^Aw i LOVED Peyton and what she said, she was exactly how i imagined her to be, down to her voice. :blush:

I also loved seeing Marc interact with the "behind the scene" buisness guys who were ever so present, sometimes totally out of place :lol: and always happy to see that extra bag. :ninja: :lol:

I saw this the other day. Tivoed it from the sundance channel. It was very interesting, but I still don't know what to make of him. I can't help but think he was putting on a front for the cameras (especially when with his workshop staff who it appears never see him otherwise).

Anyway, I appreciate the LV s/s 07 collection so much more after seeing the film. Even the ugly tribute bag because they even talk about how ugly it is.

^ I agree with you about appreciating that collection more. I LOVED seeing how they got the aged, destroyed look for the clothes.....even at the expense of the embroideries.

Amazing documentary: I recommend everyone to see and buy it if they can. It is truly priceless and makes you dream and appreciate this great designer of our times.

5 stars all the way!!!

where can i watch an hq version of the marc jacobs documentary?

where can i watch an hq version of the marc jacobs documentary?

it's on youtube but the quality is not so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->