Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton : a documentary about the S/S 07 collections

does anyone know if the dvd still available on marc jacob store???

its really interesting to see the differences between the atelier at vuitton compared to what goes on at chanel. there's just a decidedly different feel with a good chunk of the resources, i think, going toward handbags; at chanel, it felt a little more well rounded but then again, it could all be in the way it was edited.

GAHH my mums just ordered it for christmas for me but i cant wait that long!!! lol i NEED to see it now! :(

Will someone upload this please???
some videos (japanese or korean or sthg else...:blush:) are onto the models' threads... but honestly for the moment i mostly saw models videocaps...
i.e no really big thing... /eventhough i never follow the video til youtube...

my sa said the video is still available at marc jacobs stores, but i would call first...
i bought one this weekend at the san francisco store...

hey guys, jus wanna let u know that the dvd is still for sale at the LV flagship store in Paris, just bought a copy last week. havent seen it but im hella excitied! :smile:

This is likely to be available on TV5 Monde, which offers a variety of documentaires from Arte and all of the other channels within the French speaking countries. When I was still in NYC, I would watch TV5 Monde, and I'm pretty sure that I already saw this documentary on TV5 (I'm positive).

It costs money to subscribe, though...I paid 10 dollars per month in NYC to watch TV5 Monde. :flower:

Okay, I just checked and yeah, this is the same documentary that I saw when I was still in New York City. It reairs on TV5 Monde from time to time...you can check their website to see if it will be reaired anytime soon, but then you'd have to have a subscription to access the channel.

Here's some clips from the film (he's speaking in English and there are no tacky voiceovers, thank goodness:

Marc's interview clips:
http://www.arte.tv/fr/connaissance-decouverte/mode/Marc-Jacobs/1544036.html

Director's interview clips:
http://www.arte.tv/fr/connaissance-decouverte/mode/Making-of/1544046.html

And here's just a random clip of him speaking in Franglais after the show. This is all from April, so it's not really new.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dk2i_marc-jacobs-et-louis-vuitton-extrai_creation

I would have loved to see it :(
I rarely watch arte because I don't get them. sometimes they're playing French stuff, sometimes not and I don't understand French people

Amazon has it for pre-order in the US to be shipped Feb 26th and it is definitely with English subtitles here but hopefully someone will upload theirs to You Tube or Daily Motion before then.

I'm not a big enough fan of MJ to buy the dvd, but I still really want to see it.

I would have loved to see it :(
I rarely watch arte because I don't get them. sometimes they're playing French stuff, sometimes not and I don't understand French people

:lol:...:blink:
Arte is franco-german channel... I heard it didn't work that well in Deutschland... but in France it's pretty ok for such a channel...
and in France, everytime they show sthg from Germany (or any other country... even African or Finland stuff), well it's either voice-translated or subtitled... so it's easy to understand, I guess....

but maybe you were just talking about the people....
there I cannot help...

by the way, I just hate the fact they put another voice in the other countries.... it's sooo bad and i'm sure all the jokes made, lose their originality... but that's the translations......

:lol:...:blink:
Arte is franco-german channel... I heard it didn't work that well in Deutschland... but in France it's pretty ok for such a channel...
and in France, everytime they show sthg from Germany (or any other country... even African or Finland stuff), well it's either voice-translated or subtitled... so it's easy to understand, I guess....

but maybe you were just talking about the people....
there I cannot help...

by the way, I just hate the fact they put another voice in the other countries.... it's sooo bad and i'm sure all the jokes made, lose their originality... but that's the translations......

of course, I need a second to think about what they say and then I would understand it, but in that second they spell a new semtence :rofl:

they just talk to fast for me, I have heard that here in Germany you can add subtitles.

I bought the DVD from KarenKopper.com. I have to say that overall the film was very entertaining. Throughout the film you get to go into Marc Jacobs' studio in New York and watch as he prepares the SS07 collection for his own label. Later on they show him visiting an art gallery before flying to paris to start on the LV SS07 collection. Right after finishing the collection for his own label he feels exhausted. And "in pieces". Which makes me wonder how Karl can keep the stamina he does with Chanel,Fendi,and his own label.

it's going to air on the sundance channel on monday:

Get your remote controls ready because Loic Prigent’s Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton documentary is finally about to hit your TV screens. On Monday, February 4, at 8 p.m. PT, on the Sundance Channel, you'll get a glimpse into the professional life of the 44-year-old mega designer. You'll also witness the relationship between Marc and his muse Sofia Coppola and Anna Wintour. I can't think of a better way to spend my Monday night!

fabsugar.com

I'm so excited for this. They're showing Signe Chanel and House of Boateng leading up to the 8:00 premier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->