Marchesa Resort 2010

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
WWD

Give the customer what she wants is Georgina Chapman’s philosophy, and she showcased it in a tight lineup for her resort Marchesa label. Offering plenty of her Grecian one-shoulder gowns, intricate embroidered little dresses and draped and twisted tops, as well as lots of feathers on a variety of frocks. It’s perfect for the holiday season, whether in the city or on a beach.

jfezqc.png
rk7qe9.png

bf056p.png
1730uc.png

644ex4.png

^ They never do anymore. Did Harvey have her taken care of or something? :innocent:

oh OUCH! As far as I knew, at the beginning of Marchesa being founded, Keren was the one with the design know-how and had been trained in the skills and techniques...

and pfft. the analogy between Keren and Duffy :rolleyes:, Duffy brought in the money - I don't think Keren really did. Georgina brought in investment, particularly from Weinstein.

jeez...that article smacks of...idk. Opportunism and not-so-subtle denigration.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I know right!? Maybe Georgina feels like because her husband made his starlets wear the dresses and make the label famous she should get more credit...

Marchesa's designs seem to be almost the same but in different colors. Enough with the one shoulder. the house creations couldve passed for Haute Couture but this collection is boring.

I remember when i first heard about Marchesa i was amazed (and i envied them!) But now it's almost sad to see the same outfits over and over again...It looks so plain and there's nothing new.

I'm really, really bored of seeing the same dresses in everyone's collections. They have become so generic.
Not a nice collection, again, from Marchesa.

I quite like the greek goddess style gown although it's been done over and over and over again

I think it's a lovely collection, I particularly like the white one with feathered skirts... but then again, Marchesa comes up with the same designs over and over again... Hmmm.

Same-old, same-old, but I like the sequined T-shirt dress with the rope around the waist. I'm really into sequined Ts and T-shirt dresses right now.

I agree it's same old same old, but then again they're a celeb gown house and if celebs refuse to change the usual-uniform 'glamour dresses' then how can they?

love the sparkly silver dress with the rope worn as a belt - nothing groundbreaking, but pretty!!

More of the same, but in this case it's boring and ugly. Am I starting to dislike Marchesa?... I don't know, but I hated this. I've always thought that the one with the creative brain was Keren. I find Georgina a bit too boring and useless :z

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->