Marchesa Resort 2011

fierceboi

Reaction score
Pregnancy agrees with Georgina Chapman as she turns out her biggest resort collection to date for Marchesa. Having fun with the looks, the designer works an elaborate tribal motif beading on an edgy strapless dress and matching leggings, while a sexy little black dress comes with bangles attached at the sleeves. Cocktail numbers are highly dramatic, with bold beading, fringe and feathers, while glamorous gowns come in layers of floaty chiffon. Customers can be sure of making a grand entrance in any of these designs.

WWD

Attachments

• marchesa01.jpg
    marchesa01.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 26
  • marchesa02.jpg
    marchesa02.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 22
  • marchesa03.jpg
    marchesa03.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 17
  • marchesa04.jpg
    marchesa04.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 27
  • marchesa06.jpg
    marchesa06.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 16
Is that first look a joke? The dress on it's own is fine, but who in their right mind would think that leggings, and matching leggings at that, would be a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the tribal vibe and see that she definitely sought inspiration from Greecian dresses.

The blue dress is probably is fav. I want to like this collection as a whole but i just can't. :huh: That 1st outfit...:ermm:

Await new posts in the Outfit Lookalikes thread comparing this to: Lanvin S/S 08 and subsequently Yves Saint Laurent's tribal period.

Yeah... i see some ysl inspiration but hay... ysl was/is amazing... who wouldnt want to be inspired by him.

My favorite is the simple black one shouldered dress...

the last 3 dresses are nice, especially the little black one. But...overall just nice. I can see the YSL too.

the first look is horrible,so tacky...the second one is so Valentino

who on earth would wear that first ensemble styled as it is? however, that third look is quintessential new york at night.

The stylist needs to be fired but, these dresses are gonna sell like crazy.

aside for the bad styling of the 1st outfit , this stuff looks really good!

the first look is horrible,so tacky...the second one is so Valentino

Thank God Im am not the only one who saw that lol. As soon as I saw the second look I said Valentino. If your gonna do something that similar atleast make it your own. But other than that this collection is a mess woth the exception of of te blue Egyptian like dress, and it the accessories that make the look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
that first look would even be a reject in the 90's and especially for 90's Barbie dolls! and Lord knows everything went in the early 90's...

At least it doesn't consist of tacky over-embellished, over-long dresses. Does this also mean that Keren Craig had at least 5% input into this collection what with the overpowering, overbotoxed and controlling (see a pattern in my choice of words?) Georgina Chapman also being at the helm?

I usually like clothes that have an african influence, but these aren't done very well.
maybe you could wear pieces of the collection, but most of it is overdone

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->