Marchesa S/S 10 New York

29389019.jpg

(Coutorture.com)

First dress reminds me of the Rodarte's flower period.. it's pretty, but so frou-frou and not nearly as clever as the Rodarte pieces were. In fact, that is my issue with Marchesa (apart from the whole Weinstein nonsense), their aesthetic is just so frothy twee and 'look but don't touch'. There's nothing more to it...

Some of the pieces seem like they were taken out from the previous seasons, but overall, I like it.

I like it but i always feel like they don't really design, rather just embellish

So, I've given up on hating Marchesa because they do the same thing (and it's not even their own thing, at that) every season. There is so much in here that was lifted directly from couture from the last few years, but I don't care this time. It's beautiful. A few of the dresses are downright ethereal. (And those dresses are copies of Chanel spring '06 couture, which somehow makes them even more so than without the knock-off status.)

So, you go, Ms. Chapman. You may not be the main designer of this line, and you may not have any thoughts of your own, but if I ever need a gorgeously overembellished gown that's not designed by Lagerfeld, you're my girl. You may not be creative, but you've got some great taste.

Is it me, or does anybody else think their dresses would look just a bit better if they trimmed off some (a lot?) of the excess at the base?

Yes it does look like they do the same thing every season, but its gorgeous so I don't mind one bit :wub:

beautiful well constructed dresses, but all the major ideas behind it comes bluntly from Dior

eugenius, that drives me absolutely crazy when the leave the hems to bunch and puddle that way. It looks unfinished and sloppy.

Beyond the lack of originality, the lack of distinguishing characteristics between one collection and the next (and people say Rodarte looks the same every season), and the ridiculousness of their aesthetic I just don't get why they are as big as they are. I just find their clothes so insanely overpowering. They nearly always wear the woman as opposed to the other way around, and on the rare occasions that they design an actual garment instead of a parade float it lacks any impact whatsoever. Do women really want to look like a beautifully giftwrapped bulldozer?

the thing about marchesa is that theyre so one dimensional
they design beautiful gowns but thats all there is

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->