Maria Sharapova

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by Sloan, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Sloan

Sloan I love model_mom!

November 7, 2004 -- Teen tennis phenom Maria Sharapova has signed another major endorsement deal — this time with Canon — and more deals are imminent.
    The multiyear, multimillion-dollar agreement with the camera maker, which includes a print and TV campaign as well as events and appearances, is set to be announced Monday.

Sources told The Post that this is the first of several announcements in the coming weeks for the picture-perfect Sharapova.

Canon, which also sponsors the U.S. Open, marks her third major endorsement since she burst onto the tennis scene this summer.

Advertisers have been lining up for Sharapova, who at age 17 defeated defending champion Serena Williams and became the third-youngest player to win Wimbledon.

Her surprising victory and striking presence have led marketers to predict that she could become one of the richest sports celebrities, on par with Tiger Woods and David Beckham.

As if that weren't enough, her life is the classic rags-to-riches story of a Russian father who came to the U.S. with his daughter and just $700 to his name.

Sharapova, who is ranked seventh in the world, clinched her first post-Wimbledon endorsement with Motorola for between $4 and $5 million.

Her title also helped her land a deal for a perfume that will bear her name. The perfume line is expected to premiere before the end of the year.

Sharapova already had smaller endorsement deals with Nike clothing and Prince racquets, and a modeling gig with IMG, whose roster includes Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum.

Aside from Sharapova's appeal, the glamour and exclusivity of tennis is attracting sponsors who might not be attracted to football and other sports.

Marketing execs predict she is a natural to sell credit cards, cosmetics and cars.

_________________________________________in FOUR MONTHS since wimbledon maria has signed multi million $$ deals & become one of IMGs most successful models. at 17 she is compared to becks & tiger - 2 of the richest and most famous sports celebs in the world- both at least a decade older than 17 yr old maria.

[​IMG]

2. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

the kid behind her is so cute :P :heart:
    she's very pretty, her story is impressive, thanks for posting :flower:

3. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend princely

wow.. hot and rich. what a combo :innocent: :wink:

4. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

She is too boring-pretty for my taste. :ninja:

5. AbbeyRoad

AbbeyRoad Active Member

her face is plain but her body is as good as a models'. does anyone know her measurements and height/weight?

6. cocomonkey

cocomonkey New Member

i don't find her appealing. she does have the body and height for it but her face is just such a turn off. she has a natural pout that makes her look like shes scowling and angry and there's nothing about her look that just jumps out at me, extremely homely looking. although a very impressive tennise player indeed.

7. SCBlondie

SCBlondie New Member

To me she looks like Karolina + Hana.

At least she is a very good tennis player, unlike that other model-y tennis "star."

8. HoneyCrispApple

HoneyCrispApple New Member

9. lady grey

lady grey New Member

Maria Sharapova

look for hot portrait of wimbledon champ maria sharapova shot by norma jean roy in prada in march vogue power isssue.

other than gemma & karen, imo maria is the most beautiful woman in the march vogue issue. maria is 6' tall at age 17, an IMG superstar look at page 545 of the march vogue, its the sexiest pic in the mag.
    she also has a 2 page tag heuer ad in the same issue. just 1 of endless endorsements she'll be modelling, her beauty, age & popular fame are a killer combo. shes already had a multipager in italian vogue last fall. love her cute tennis dress in the heuer ad & maria is rumoured to be mulling a fashion label too on top of her tennis, modelling & shopping!

the St*r mag just chose maria 'sexiest athlete.' they pick up on her great beauty & fame too:
    "this new young russian-born racquet star has bumped anna kournikova out of first position! not only is she gorgeous, but this 17-yr-old is already proving herself to be even more formidable than anna on the court- and that makes her even more sexy!"

10. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

I do like Sharapova much more than Kournikova.

[​IMG]

with Kirsten..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. yestal

yestal New Member

ohhh she seems like such a sweetie!

12. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

Yeah, she is..
    She's about a million times more talented than Kournikova. I never saw the hype about that girl.
    My dad has met Maria her a few times, said she's a very nice girl.

#20 twilight fairy, Mar 6, 2005
    Last edited by moderator IanGrosh: Mar 6, 2005