Maria Sharapova

This girl is huge, I mean in terms of the way she's built. She's too butch to model but she looks great on the tennis court...

thanks twilight

thanks for the amazing pics. :o
maria is 6' thats a brilliant size for a model. and her proportion is model-esque too although recognizing that she has muscles as an athlete.
shes already surpassed kournikova at age 17 and shes about to surpass her fame & modelling credentials.
Ive been into maria heavily since that W pic above [seated] in 2003 and the world is slowly catching up.
we are just ahead of the curve.
I love her. :heart:

lady grey thanks for this thread! i was rooting for her during wimbledon and i was so happy when she won. i wish her all the success and i too like her so much better than anna. beautiful, but without a 'tude and has actual talent. i hope she has similar success this year's wimbledon.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow she's beautiful! she has an amazing body. and talented.. def much cooler than anna

She did model ^_^
modelling20.jpg

modelling25.jpg

she sure did!!

adorevintage said:
She did model ^_^
modelling20.jpg

modelling25.jpg

she sure did model, in ITALIAN VOGUE!!! many models never get an edit in Ital vogue their entire careers & maria got it at 17 within a few months of wimbledon!! :o

and shes in the march vogue [by norma jean roy, hottest pic in ish, all legs in prada dress!!] and has a 2 pg tag heuer ad in same.
between her tennis, modelling & popularity she is already a superstar but its going to get better. is she #4 in the world now or #3??
we are simply on to her before many people shes going to be one of the most famous athletes/models in the world- shes already on the way!! :heart:

last one, with Roger Federer, Wimbledon Ball. She dwarfs him. :lol:

Article, courtesy of http://maria-sharapova.brianproject.com/sto-star.php

Maria Sharapova becomes Russian tennis star number one

Saturday 24 July, 2004

Maria Sharapova conquers the world of fashion after her victory at Wimbledon. The sensational triumph of the Russian tennis player (only 17 years of age) still makes the headlines in the world. Maria Sharapova became the world's second youngest winner of the prestigious tennis tournament. She is Russia's first winner in Wimbledon ! Her looks of a top model easily mades her the number one sex symbol in the tennis world. Needless to say, numerous newspapers and magazines are eager to grace their front pages and covers with a photographs of her.

She recently made it to the cover of the American weekly magazine Sports Illustrated. The cover proudly says: "Star Power: Maria Sharapova Takes Wimbledon at 17."

Maria put on her first star outfit on July 4th when she celebrated her big accomplishment with other Wimbledon winners ; wearing a Louis Vuitton dress.

She has already posed for Gucci, Chanel and DKNY. On top of that, Maria Sharapova will appear on the cover of the August issue of Vogue.

At IMG, Maria's spokesman, Max Eisenbud said: "She loves fashion. She loves it too much. Sometimes I think she will be spending most of her time on the catwalk, not on tennis courts." He believes Maria Sharapova is a perfect face for Louis Vuitton, because she is not a commonplace beauty girl. "I am a very fashionable girl, but I am not a model at all," the sexy blond from Siberia says laughing.

Profile & Stats, courtesy of http://www.mariaworld.net/biography.htm

Date of Birth: April 19, 1987
Birthplace: Nyagan, Russia (Siberian Region)
Residence: Bradenton, Florida, USA
Nationality: Russian
Height:
6' (1.83 m)
Weight:
130 lbs. (59 kg)
Plays: Right-handed
Clothing: Nike
Racquet: Prince
Endorsements: Speedminton, Motorola, Parlux Fragrances, Canon, TAG Heuer & Honda Japan

PERSONAL
*Coached by her father Yuri Sharapov and Robert Lansdorp
*Mother's name is Yelena
*Started hitting tennis balls at age four; at six, participated in exhibition in Moscow that featured Martina Navratilova
*Began training at Nick Bollettieri’s Tennis Academy in Bradenton, Florida, USA, at age nine (which required a two-year separation from mother due to visa restrictions and finances)
*Off-court interests include fashion, singing, dancing and movies (favorites are Mona Lisa Smile, Something's Gotta Give and Love Actually)
*In second year of high school and studies via an Internet school.
*Enjoys reading books in the Sherlock Holmes and Pippi Longstocking series.
*Prefers Russian and Thai cuisine
*Favorite dessert is French crepes with Nutella.
*Favorite drinks are orangina and virgin strawberry daiquiris
*Signed with IMG Models in November 2003

CAREER TITLES
Singles
2003: Tokyo & Quebec City
2004: Birmingham, Wimbledon, Seoul, Tokyo & WTA Championships
2005: Tokyo
Doubles
2003: Tokyo, Luxembourg
2004: Birmingham

HIGHEST RANKINGS
Singles: 3 (7/2/2005)
Doubles: 41 (14/6/2004)

BEST GRAND SLAM PERFORMANCES
Australian Open: Semis
Roland Garros: Quarters
Wimbledon: Champion
US Open: 3rd round

she has so much passion on the courts! she looks great in the Marc Jacobs dress

Wimbledon Celebration...

Attachments

• wimbledon04264.jpg
    wimbledon04264.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 25
  • wimbledon04380.jpg
    wimbledon04380.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 25
  • wimbledon04278.jpg
    wimbledon04278.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 19
  • wimbledon04345.jpg
    wimbledon04345.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 23
  • wimbledon04311.jpg
    wimbledon04311.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 11
  • wimbledon04351.jpg
    wimbledon04351.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 14
she has so much passion on the courts!

Indeed. Much more passionate and sincere about tennis than her Russian counterpart Anna Kournikova.

A nice close up to wrap this up...:flower:

thanks

thanks for all the great pics. I really like her personal style too, from casual to when she dresses up for galas.
but the hottest pics Ive seen of her, besides the W & vogue ones, were pics from florida just after wimbledon when she was at the beach in a rainbow-style bikini. :o
they were kind of papparazzi snaps, but they showed her amazing tall & muscular yet model -esque bikini body the best of any.
one day she will do a proper bikini edit for a magazine & i think that will show shes as hot as any model. shes tried to keep her tennis the focus of her fame, which is very smart, but when she plays her bikini model card it will catapult her to a new level. :heart:

Doesn't TheSoCalledPrep own those wedge heels that she's wearing in the first picture that AdoreVintage posted - except in a greeny colour? I think they're YSL??

Sharapova`s way better then Kournikova, she actually won some titles, a grand slam and shes dosen't have this sl*tty look like Kournikova and this person said shes too muscular to be a model shes tall and slim its sall gud.

have any of you Meet Sharapova in real life?

Tennis Careerwise.. Sharapova trumps Kournikova hands down.. no question.. end of story.. obvious obvious obvious...

But I think Kournikova is tons hotter than Sharapova.. Kournikova has built an industry based almost entirely on her looks.

But yeah Kournikova is old news now really.. too bad.. she really had potential..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->