Marni F/W 2021.22 Milan

Marni feels like never-ending London Fashion Week. It's the same feeling of being stuck with the idea of creating graduate collections to show some tortured ideas and the results are usually appaling. Here we have five looks that are ok and the rest is trash. Can't believe Risso's contract was extended. There's nothing Marni in this collection and while I get that he changed the direction of this brand, it seems so detached from reality in a really dreadful way.

That metallic dress looks like it made from tinfoils. And those bags couldn't be more Hermes.

Thank God for Plan C because at least the true spirit of Marni is still out there. I wonder how Consuelo Castiglioni feeling about the house that she built that turn into this.

I want to rooting for Francesco but it's too hard when he show no signs of refinement. He came from Prada and that on paper cannot be more perfect because Marni and Prada are like spiritual sisters.

A lookbook or an audition for new clowns at the Circus??

Risso should put himself in that big bag and disappear forever.

thank you for making me laugh.

I saved Marni for last... goddamn what a disappointment. WHY is this guy doing this?
I used to love Marni! the clothes, my God the accessories! it was always amazing!

and his contract got renewed? if only they had seen this... I’m sure they would’ve thought twice.

students at St Martins do better than this.

It seriously isn't his worst and the closer and longer I look the more I wish I hadn't...it's just like a car crash!

according to wwd francesco risso also wrote some poems to accompany this collection:

"My darlings, mes cheris, I write to you; I think of you; I gaze at you. I need you. You that adorn the body. You Marni clothes, but sacrilege, clothes of shadow!”
“Sacrilege or surprise? Every thing is so over turned, languid, sensual, yet still technical and polished. Two souls: dark but only for behind, upfront it is color all the way/full-blown color. Like a gift dedicated to the one you meet,”

He is trying way too hard...Which is a pity because I have seen very cute pieces in stores and online.

Can someone please give this guy a job at their local theater? Straight to the 'Costumes' department.

the way it is shot is so unflattering regardless of the design. looking at this reminds me that if a change means changing to be like this, I would rather stick to its original formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->