Marni F/W 2024.25 Milan

The men's tailoring is nice but veering into Rick territory. Marni this is not, I'm afraid.

I miss the Consuelo touch but I guess we have Plan C for that.

The Meiers don't care about Jil Sander either, so it's consistent all across the board.
At least they make an effort to do minimalism… but yes, consistency all across the board.

I love a few of the looks for both men and women. A beautiful color palette. It is an interesting and wearable collection.

Very sci-fi caveman. Interesting, but not Marni.

Knew I was going to hate it the moment I saw that potato sack of a first look.

In a way, it is the most Marni he has been in a while. But it’s like a severe parody of Marni and feels as if he’s mocking the house he’s at to further cement his own perspective at the label. It’s not tongue in cheek or sophisticated wit with a strong Milanese outlook, it’s NYFW Area or Christian Cowan kind of humour.

what the hell is this?

what happened to marni?

i want to like the coats and capes, but this is awful

how did the suave men come out of the caves unscathed? the women were put through the ringer, my goodness.
sloppy. just stunningly stiff and sloppy.

I don’t understand who they’re trying to capture here… this is such a strange departure for the brand, I’m not into it at all.

It’s not bad. It’s nowhere near as savage as some of you guys are saying. Remember the Chanel iceberg collection? I think it’s a cleaner offering. He’s emphasizing structure and texture instead of his usual reliance on grotesque prints and art povera-esque construction. It’s something he hasn’t really done. Is it Marni? A little bit, at least in terms of construction. I don’t think we’re getting the old Marni back, so we should just learn to live with this.

i knew milan serving was to good to be true. thank for bringing us back to reality. yeti realness at marni? who would have thought... Maybe would have worked for fendi?

I like this collection, although it's hard to see what to actually buy. Fashion is in such a strange place, everything is either soulless and corporate or costumes for a movie I'm not sure I want to see. When did Fashion stop being relevant for those who want to see new and exciting propositions of what to wear? When did Fashion start being weird for the sake of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->