Marni - first all-accessories boutique in Milan

gius

Reaction score
from elle.com
CIAO, MILANO

Bags and shoes long ago trumped ready-to-wear in the covetability department—names like Spy, Muse, and Stam roll off the tongue with incredible ease, while most shoppers are hard-pressed to identify a single dress—so it's only logical that Marni's latest retail venture is an all-accessories boutique, recently opened in Milan.

Designer Consuelo Castiglioni estimates that accessories make up about 30% of Marni's business. “We felt that the accessories collection, although always strongly tied in with the clothes in terms of style, is now much more independent,” she said.

The boutique is located directly in front of the main flagship on Via della Spiga, and employs similarly fashion-forward construction. It features curved walls and a sloped floor that give the effect of infinity, as well as a series of backlit display cases that will house jewelry, bags, sunglasses, and shoes. “It really reflects my aesthetic with the mixture of apparently contrasting materials,” Castiglioni said.

Over the next year, Marni will take the concept global, including shop-in-shops at Neiman Marcus in the States. The only question left is what the first big purchase should be. According to Castiglioni, “the must-have Marni accessory this fall is the Frame Bag—a game of contrasts where rigidity meets softness.”

--

The new Marni accessories boutique in Milan,
rendered in steel and glass by architecture firm Sybarite.

Marni accessories boutique, Via della Spiga #50, Milan, Italy 20121

11202007170052774990539hx0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The interior of the Marni accessories boutique: "As for all the Marni stores, there is no shop window in the strict sense," Castiglioni says. "The front opens the view and unfolds the interior of the whole store from the street.

11202007170052861291119ij6.jpg

---

Some accessories exclusive only to the new Marni boutique:

1120200717005299499090bda4.jpg

11202007170052590690b65dp0.jpg

112020071700530018913bbke5.jpg

11202007170053761991685td8.jpg

elle.com

thanks gius...:flower:

marni has been really successful at building their accessories business...
not surprised to see this...more surprised it didn't already exist actually...

lanvin seems to be heading that way as well, as far as i can tell...

:P

Looks lovely...
Marni accessories have been
setting the tone for many seasons now,
so this is only right, obviously... :heart:

you're welcome guys

wiw~ that's an interesting point .. the accessories setting the tone
must agree wholeheartedly with you on that :P
it's them only i admit i looked forward to till fw 06 when the whole brand started to change

Good idea on their part to create an entirely different store for these accessories. However, I think the layout of the shop could be improved, but that's just my opinion. I do like the colors used, but those seats (or are they something else?) in the center are sort of strange.

^ it does look a little small /cramped --so narrow
and only a few seats..

ugotmayle, do a search on marni shoes, there are many to see on the tFS site and also marni.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHERLAK
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->