Marni S/S 2025 Milan

Great collection.
It doesn’t look like Demna or Phoebe. It looks like Marni by Francesco Risso.
Not every look is my cup of tea but I like the singularity and the path he has been following lately. Twisting minimalism with fun.

The work on prints, textures and embellishments is always wonderful.
Beautiful minimal bags that don’t overshadow the looks.

Probably his best collection ever and possibly his closest to the spirit of Marni.
I get the Moschino vibes, I get the Prada influences (he comes from Prada after all) but there’s also a purity of lines, something quirky but mostly, good clothes.

The casting is great because they totally embody the eclectism of his Marni. Eva Herzigova is not really a Marni women or the type of models used in that kind of context but it works.
Some very fabulous dresses, some amazing techniques. Perfect styling.
I also love the shoes.

It’s a very charming collection.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but this is the best collection of the season so far.

Who is even buying this Marni? Apparently the brand is underfunded compared to other OTB brands so I'm curious how well it's doing.
Where are you hearing this from? I guess it makes sense. According to other members of the forum, Risso's Marni was very dependent on the younger audience generating knitwear sales (relatively affordable compared to their main competitors). I assume that they must've moved on.

And now fashion week actually start a designer with a real point of view not everyone should like your designs! He's creative he understands fabric texture color he's very talented and I love this era.

Reminded me this
firstview.com

Is Mispelaere here now? Where he moved after Piccioli was kicked?

Quite good. I like that it feels like an earnest search for a new chic. It’s not perfect, but it feels fresh and playful, while still being a bit “grownup.”

And I have to say that the second to last look -number 53, the glittering beige evening dress- is so major. A really fabulous look. It looks like an actual designer piece. Love it.

Where are you hearing this from? I guess it makes sense. According to other members of the forum, Risso's Marni was very dependent on the younger audience generating knitwear sales (relatively affordable compared to their main competitors). I assume that they must've moved on.
There was this article on Glitz, unfortunately I can't access it but guessing mostly from the headline..

I really miss Consuelo more than ever. Who is even buying this Marni? Apparently the brand is underfunded compared to other OTB brands so I'm curious how well it's doing.
Real Marni is at Plan C.
There was this article on Glitz, unfortunately I can't access it but guessing mostly from the headline..
After all, Risso gambled the future of the house when he started. Dismissing the loyal Marni customer and the history of the house wasn’t a great idea.
I think Marni is the only brand I know where the name and the heritage of the founder is never mentioned. It shows a lack of integrity.

The irony however is that while I suspect that Marni is a smaller brand today than in the past, it has a lot of buzz still.

This collection is a success and I hope the beginning of something new in terms of his approach of Marni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->