Martin Margiela S/S 2004 - Paris

:woot: can't say a word, need more from this, but interesting as always (this trick with shoes/tights and the first two piece second row, first plate.. :heart: )

thanks astrid :flower:

I'm definately not a margiela girl however this is a nice collection with a few pieces i would probably wear. this could be really offbase but the hair sort of reminds me a/w junya watanabe.

okay,now that i've had some time to collect myself, this collection is probably the most sophisticated i've seen from him.

i love the way he worked with draping with that satin and also how he incorporated glistening jewels. still offbeat and experimental as always but somehow this is really elegant and sophisticated.

i've been noticing satin seems to be the big fabric for indie designers. first Tess Giberson in NY,Jessica Ogden in London and now Margiela and Yamamoto are using the fabric. I wonder if there will be more satin in the days to come.

:sick:

too baggy. and too frumpy. i can go for looser clothing, but these have no underlining structure... and there are no focal points in the clothing, for that matter.

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 7th, 2003 - 6:21 pm
i've been noticing satin seems to be the big fabric for indie designers. first Tess Giberson in NY,Jessica Ogden in London and now Margiela and Yamamoto are using the fabric. I wonder if there will be more satin in the days to come.
MM always uses a little bit of heavy satin in his collections scott

Plus satin -which i dont really enjoy- has been around since last season, not to say since a year now, done -a lot- by mainstream labels such as Stella, Gucci, ysl etc.
It certainly is not an indie discovery, more like a draggin tail from seasons past.

I enjoyed what I saw from the collection. IMO, it seemed reminiscent of his last S/S collection with the draping and the structure of the clothes. :flower: Like Lena, I'm not a big fan of satin, but I could make an exception for MMM and Yohji. :innocent:

Originally posted by Lena+Oct 7th, 2003 - 12:42 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Oct 7th, 2003 - 12:42 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Oct 7th, 2003 - 6:21 pm
MM always uses a little bit of heavy satin in his collections scott

Plus satin -which i dont really enjoy- has been around since last season, not to say since a year now, done -a lot- by mainstream labels such as Stella, Gucci, ysl etc.
It certainly is not an indie discovery, more like a draggin tail from seasons past.[/b][/quote]
I remember seeing bits of satin in the last collection of his, but nothing of this magnitude. It seems all out there this time. Maybe that's why I assumed that.

As far the fabric itself,I love it, and have been since I was young for some reason. Its very sexy to me. I've always been fascinated by the way it moves,the way it almost sculpts the body,I like the airy-ness of it and its seems to drape really well.
I think the best example is the collection from Ann D. Spring 02. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Jurgi Persoons has also done it before too,I remember but simpler.

:heart: Satin ahs been used by more mainstream designers alot in past seasons, however it seems to be out for them, but i think its quite intrestingly done this season, actually i have been deisgning some patchwork mini dresse that i would liek to do in a heavy satin.

I thinkt his is a fabulously elegent and sophistiated collection, probebly as scot * said his most ever :heart:

Definently one of my top five this season :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

a true avant garde hero :woot: :bounce: :mohawk:

Not for me. I think I would hide behind my hair too, if made to wear these clothes. :blush: :unsure: :doh: :doh:

Uhh too err I dunno, doesn't capture me.

I usually :heart: Margiela's work, but this quite didn't do it for me. :unsure:

I really enjoyed some individual pieces (mostly the blazers and a shirt), but I'm not really thrilled at the satin and the sort-of-backward/inverted drapings on the blouses, not really flattering and it seemed like he did it just for the fact it will look avant-grade.

Thanks, Astrid! :flower:

Astrid, great photos! Thank you. Where are they from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->